LOST..... How do you think it will end

Caporegime

The problem is, the mother SAID the light going out was bad, there was zero proof of this, she killed people, was a bit nutty, killed a woman who had two kids for no apparent reason, pitted two brothers against each other, said they could never leave the island(this was proved wrong as Jacob could leave without issue at any time without the world imploding).

THeres no evidence the light was anything, at all, theres no evidence the light going out would kill everyone or do anything, the light would go out in everyone..... we weren't told what the light was or why this was a bad thing, when it went out, did everyone instantly die on the island, nope.

Theres lots of assumptions to be made, but theres also the assumption that the mother who "made" Jacob and the brother immortal(assumed again) knew what she was talking about. How many religious nuts are convinced of something, doesn't make it true, likewise it would seem like she'd been on the island for a very long time, didn't age(probably, again assumed) how do we know she wasn't just nuts from being alone on the island for 5 or 50k years, we don't.

There wasn't a single definitive answer about really anything in regards to the island, and thats whats truly ridiculous.

Soldato
I bring news from Jacob!

LOST: THE COMPLETE SIXTH AND FINAL SEASON - Contents

* Every Sixth Season Episode
* Bloopers and Deleted Scenes
* Audio Commentaries accompany four episodes (LA X, Dr. Linus, Ab Aeterno and Across The Sea)
* The End: Crafting A Final Season - Join the LOST team along with other producers of some of television's longest running shows as they examine the challenges of ending a landmark series.
* A Hero's Journey - What makes a hero? Which survivors of Oceanic 815 are true heroes? These questions and more are explored.
* See You In Another Life, Brotha - Unlocks the mysteries of this season's intriguing flash sideways.
* 'LOST on Location' - Behind-the-scenes featurette showcasing stories from the set, including all-new interviews with actors and crew.
* PLUS: A LOST Blu-ray & DVD exclusive - Go deeper into the world of LOST with a much-anticipated new chapter of the island's story from Executive Producers Damon Lindelof and Carlton Cuse.

DVD SRP: US - $59.99/Canada - $79.99
Blu-ray SRP: US - $79.99/Canada - $94.99

LOST: THE COMPLETE COLLECTION - Contents

* Every Episode in the Series (Seasons 1 through 6)
* Over 30 hours of Season 1-6 Bonus materials (previously released materials from Seasons 1-5 and the all-new Season 6 bonus material)
* A unique series of featurettes that takes viewers on very personal tours of Oahu where the series was created, with key cast and crew as they reflect.
* Exploring the global phenomenon that is Lost, bonus showcases events ranging from the series cast and crew at San Diego's famed Comic-Con convention to international voice recordings, local events and even fan parties, all of which helped make the show into a worldwide favorite.
* A closer look at some of the props with cast, writers and producers, exploring their significance, stories and emotional ties to the characters.
* Humorous yet emotional look at every character who died on the series
* 16 hilarious Lost "Slapdowns" featurettes, showcasing celebrity Lost fans who confront Executive Producers Damon Lindelof and Carlton Cuse to ask press questions about the final season, including the Muppets and cast members Nestor Carbonell, Michael Emerson, Rebecca Mader and more.

The exciting collectible packaging also includes: a Special Edition collectible 'Senet' Game as seen in Season Six, a custom LOST island replica, an exclusive episode guide, a collectible Ankh, and a black light penlight.

DVD SRP: US - $229.99/Canada - $234.99
Blu-ray SRP: US - $279.99/Canada - $319.99

Pictures Here: http://img80.imageshack.us/gal.php?g=lostcompletebeautyshotf.jpg

Last edited:
One thing I don't understand in Lost are the choices some people make, or fail to make. For example, Jack in the Last episode after putting the 'plug' back in the light source thing. He just got on the floor and stayed there after. Surely anyone else would have gone back to Hurley and Ben?

it's one of those cases where you can make up your own mind about why he didn't get up and run out. imo he sat there because he wanted to see it worked so he could die knowing it was to do his lifes purpose.

he then woke somewhere else just like the mib did.

Another example is why Charlie had to die

from what i heard the actor wanted to leave the show so they had to kill him off unfortunately, as it appeared to mess up claires character.

If smoke monster could go into the cave, he could easily rip that cork out of its hole.

smoke monseter couldn't go near electricity so couldn't go near the cork. this is proved by the electric fences everyone keeps putting up.

Soldato
from what i heard the actor wanted to leave the show so they had to kill him off unfortunately, as it appeared to mess up claires character.

No that as Eko :). Also I was thinking more from a story perspective. Why did "the island" want Chalie dead? What was up with Desmonds vision that we never saw of Claire leaving the island on a helicopter!?

No that as Eko :). Also I was thinking more from a story perspective. Why did "the island" want Chalie dead? What was up with Desmonds vision that we never saw of Claire leaving the island on a helicopter!?

i'm sure is was charlie as well.

can't really say i know the exact reason, but one could be simply that when your time is up, your time is up. boone died from natural causes, just as other do too, but desmond had un-natural powers and interrupted.

Soldato

No i don't think so :). Basically the writers came up with the story idea and by the time they had got to the end of the season they felt compelled to kill him as that was the direction the story had gone in. I think the actor himself had just bought a house in Hawaii as well lol. :p

Associate

can't really say i know the exact reason, but one could be simply that when your time is up, your time is up. boone died from natural causes, just as other do too, but desmond had un-natural powers and interrupted.

nooo Boone died from injuries sustained from being in the drug runner plane when it fell with him inside it. Not exactly death from natural causes.

v0n

v0n

Soldato
smoke monseter couldn't go near electricity so couldn't go near the cork. this is proved by the electric fences everyone keeps putting up.

Monster couldn't go near sonic fences (and was apparently too stupid to go over the top of it, like the oceanics did when headed back for Jack to Dharma camp for the first time). Smoke monster had no problem with electricity, whizzing past power lines without any issues when we first saw it summoned by Ben (via button in secret alcove in his ex Dharma bungalow).

The whole cork/light situation is again, one of those little things writters made up and couldn't make head or tails of for the finish - chuck MiB once into the light cave, he'll come out as monster, chuck him in twice, he'll come out as mortal in someone else's body. Chuck in someone else for good measure, they'll just come out with bruises. You know, happens aaaaall the time.

Hostile17 said:
What was up with Desmonds vision that we never saw of Claire leaving the island on a helicopter!?

Desmonds character at some point was heading for temporal constant character, where after pressing the button he was meant to be witness to an infinite time loop of realities, each one leaving memory/flash inprint, similar to those introduced by Faraday contacting him in time jumps - this way Desmond was constantly aware of each every scenario required to save Charlies life in all possible combinations, but also fully aware that all outcomes lead to Charlies inevitable death. You could say that Desmond chose the timeline and led events to autocorrect themselves in Swan station. He did it with full awareness, he even told Charlie, that this time, he'll have to die, for that particular timeline autocorrection to fullfill itself - Charlie disables the station, but dies, Claire leaves the island. Emilly De Ravine didn't make it into main cast for the next season, so her place on the chopper was aptly and promptly chopped, Desmonds "awareness" of timeline outcomes was wiped in the next season as well, simply because the story was steered into completely different direction, in which Desmond was not as much time traveller, sideline timeline surfer or precog, but instead became waiter with mission to uncork items.

Last edited:
nooo Boone died from injuries sustained from being in the drug runner plane when it fell with him inside it. Not exactly death from natural causes.

i meant in terms of the island and other normal/natural life. the island didn't push the plane down so that boone died, it fell from natural causes like gravity and whatever that was holding it up not being able to hold it any longer. the same with Charlie, he was going to die because of this and that, not because of the island pushing him to die, but desmonds un-natural ability at the time meant he could stop it from happening. this is just a thought and could easily be wrong as it was so long ago when i watched those episodes, just how i remember it.

So the answer for everything is basically "magic did it don't ask anything else"! :/

some things that magic caused yes i guess if you want to look at it like that and in a negative way. thought it was always fairly obvious that there was some sort of unexplained "magic" going on with things like desmonds visions, time travelling etc. can't really explain exactly how it happens, but perhaps why it's happening.

Associate
some things that magic caused yes i guess if you want to look at it like that and in a negative way. thought it was always fairly obvious that there was some sort of unexplained "magic" going on with things like desmonds visions, time travelling etc. can't really explain exactly how it happens, but perhaps why it's happening.

It does seem to focus more on the 'why'. But to be honest now that i look back at the series, with all of the electro-magnetic/science stuff going on the island, if the writers had answered them all in a scientific way i.e. facts, figures, proper scientific explanations it would have just turned into something akin to star trek tbh with lots of techno babble. I think the show would have lost some of it's charm.

Soldato
As someone suggested earlier in this thread, they need to place Morgran Freeman in a room, reading from a piece of paper, answering every question, 1-by-1. They could turn this into a 15 minute slot as an extra on the DVD release.

Associate
When the truth comes out and you all see that they died in the plane crash, can we delete this whole thread?

Your arguement for surviving the crash appears to include the following;
1. People really can survive a 40000ft drop in a burning wreck and wake up in a bamboo forest with a nasty nick.
2. Despite every flash bach showing broken desperate lives, the survivors enter purgatory in season 6 because of the terrible times on the Island.
3. Eko realising his troubles and moving on whilst still on the Island does not in fact prove that it was purgatory all along. (or a similar concept allowing deniability to the writers)
4. Jacob is not at all based on Isaccs Son from the bible and he never had a ladder for redemption. Like the one leading up the cliff face on the Island.

It is clear they died. In the crash. before the Island. The show opens with Jack opening his eye in the forest and closes with the same scene. Still with the shoe hanging off the branch.

Ibid.

Back
Top Bottom