Spec me a Shaved head pls...

Caporegime
Ok so am going a bit thin on top - tis quite noticeable now.

From what I can gather then two known baldness 'cures' generally just prevent further hair loss in most instances and perhaps have some limited re-growth. Though one seems like a faff about putting some nasty solution in morning and night and the other involves some tablets which can result in loss of labido etc...

I think I've reached a point where it might be preferable to just shave it all off anyway. So I might as well try this route first and if it looks OK-ish I won't need to worry about faffing about with baldness cures.

Am thinking I don't really want to go for a completely bald look where I'd have to bic my scalp every couple of days etc... so am prob going to try no1 or no2 all over...

Question for guys who've done this before:

Did you go to hairdressers or just use clippers at home?
No1 or No2 or other?
Given that its thinner on top is it worth doing say a no1 at the back and sides and no2 on top?

Caporegime
Soldato
clippers, have done now for 12 years, cost about £22 from Boots so less than £2 a year.

Advice, no mater where you start you will eventually end up doing it unguarded, this is a fact. You may as well simply do it unguarded from the off because that is where you will end up.

Soon you will realise you look stupid (I do) with hair and simply wish it would simply stay as nice stubble on your noggin.

Caporegime
OP
Thanks Pigeon_Killer and LOAM

Think I'll try a no1 all over to start with then maybe just try it unguarded after that.

Soldato
A colleague of mine used to have a huge bald patch and have a comb over for years, we used to rib him about it so one day he shaved off all his hair.

The problem is now he looks very similar to my boss from a distance so we don't tend to skive as much as we think we're being watched, haha :D

Soldato
male pattern baldness ***, its a fact tbh that lots of women love it. My dad is bald, i am bald and have been since i was probably 20. It never bothered me though as I simply look much better with no hair.

Caporegime
Think I'll try a no1 all over to start with then maybe just try it unguarded after that.
Be careful of the sun when you do. Your head's going to be far more exposed and while putting on suncream is an absolute nightmare with anything other than a grade 0 it's a far more pleasant experience than a sun burnt head.

Caporegime
OP
I did actually find a solution to that one already (aside from wearing a hat) - was outdoors all last weekend and since its thin on top as it and already fairly short is I got a spray on sunscreen - worked fine for the thin on top bit.

Soldato
Why not do 2 all over and see what it looks like, if you don't like then do back and sides 1 and if you still don't like do 1 on top.

If you do like that, then just shave it, and if you don't like that you're screwed.

Soldato
its hair, it grows back, the worse that can happen is you don't like it for a week or two.

IMHO cutting it in downward lengths will result in you stopping to soon, at number 2 and 3 it tends to stick out and look weird I think, just hack it off tbh and be done with it.

Associate
Mach 3 is your future. Job done, its the route i took, after having a receding hairline, havnet look back, thankfully the women area hasnt dried up either, which i thought it might.

Soldato
As above really. I do mine unguarded (i.e. number 0). Anything else just makes you wish you'd shaved it that way to start with, and means you have to cut it again a week or two earlier than you would have with a 'bare blade'. :D Number 2 is OK as a trial I suppose but you'll soon wish you hadn't bothered. Number 2 is about the same length as properly shaved hair reaches when you think "Argh it's all fuzzy and horrible, time to cut it again!"... so it's pretty self defeating. :p

Associate
I had this choice not just a week ago. Was coming up to my 26th birthday and had scraggly hair, going bald at the back and a bit at the front too. Went to my hairdresser and said "you think i should shave this off or whut"

They said yeah after a small discussion. She hacked it off and then told me it looks much better. I didn't really think she meant it but EVERYONE I know has said the same so im keeping it. Also been told I now actually look my age and not older.

I gave the hairdresser a fiver tip as I wouldn't be seeing them ever again and then nipped to argos and bought some clippers. number 2 ***.

Back
Top Bottom