I'm an idiot

Associate
Was out at the pub on Friday night with my mate have a celebratory drink.Anyway came home at pub shutting time and continued the drinking etc.Was in the kitchen and somehow I managed to stagger back into the kitchen work top, my lower arm fell into a glass on the work top. It smashed and I ended up with a pretty big gash just aboved my wrist on the back side of my arm

My mate had to wake the Mrs (welcome to married life) who took me straight to the hospital where I got 8 stitches and sent home with a massive bandage. i need to start and calm down but it was an accident and I actually wasnt that drunk.

Anyone else had anything similar?

Soldato
If it was an accident and you wasn't that drunk then why do you need to calm down?

Either you was very drunk to do it. Or it was just a accident which would have happened regardless of the amount of alcohol consumed.

Associate
I was on a night out a couple of years ago for my birthday and the beer garden was packed (it was a really warm nice day at the end of February). My mates were at the opposite end of the beer garden when i came out of the pub, so i jumped up onto a nearby table then jumped accross onto the next table - this obviously attracted some attention.

Then i jumped off the last table and landed on a shovel that was laid on the floor, which slid out from under me, pulling my ankle underneath itself and snapping it. I was in a cast for about 8 weeks and it went down in history :D

Associate
I've ended up in hospital once because of an alcohol related injury. I ended up with an umbrella impaled in my foot with blood everywhere. I had to put up with a few weeks of my mates singing "Umbrella, ella ella ella ella!" everytime I entered a room.

Caporegime
I've ended up in hospital once because of an alcohol related injury. I ended up with an umbrella impaled in my foot with blood everywhere. I had to put up with a few weeks of my mates singing "Umbrella, ella ella ella ella!" everytime I entered a room.

Dare we ask how the hell that happened? :eek:

Associate
Dare we ask how the hell that happened? :eek:

I had some of those plimsol type shoes on, which are very thin and just a rubber sole. I found a discarded umbrella that was in the open position, which I decided I was going to finish off as it was about 3am and I was highly intoxicated. I stamped on it, one of the metal prongs went straight through the sole of my shoes, right into my foot in the middle between the ball and the heel and went in about an inch. Very painful, blood all over me and the pavement. My mate then decided that he needed to take his tie off and tie it around my thigh to try and stop the blood.

I still get ribbed for it to this day.

Soldato
I've woken up the next day with a massive gash in my knee and blood all down my leg. I didn't realise it had happened however I distinctly remember the car crash the night before that caused it. That was NYE 2002 :)

While driving into town to commence the night's celebrations, a deer or something jumped out in front of us and my mate ended up mounting the roadside bank and flipping the car with us in it, he in a fit of irony swerved to avoid damaging his car on the deer. After the police, fire crew and ambulance had dealt with it all and let us continue on our way in a different mates car (the car we were in was a write off) we went down to the pub for the usual NYE celebration. Next morning I left my room in my dressing gown, my mum looked at me and said "OMG what's happened to your leg?!" I looked down and there was blood all down it. Still got the scar.

Soldato
Don't worry, I once managed to slice my little finger open to the bone with a mug while doing the washing.

The handle was broken and there was a sharp piece of ceramic sticking out, I was twisting the mug around washing the inside as you do and cut my left hand little finger. Blood literally spraying into the sink.

Luckily we lived 5 minutes walk from the hospital so lots of tissues held tight onto it and down for a 4-5 hour wait in the ER. They only took me at that time because I was bleeding quite a bit onto their floor. Turned out I severed the nerve 70% and two years on it's still very numb and sore if I hit it off something.

Back
Top Bottom