Not peach!

Soldato
After only having them for three weeks – in that time they’ve probably covered less than 1,000 miles - a mix of commutes to work and a couple of long ride outs; my Handroids are falling to bits :(

The left knuckle, err…. ‘thing’ (the white bit in the picture here) keeps coming unclipped, a lot of threads on the palms are frayed (probably just a cosmetic issue), the rubber on the right index finger is wearing away, but worst of all, the loop part of the Velcro wrist fastener on the right glove is coming part – meaning if I’m not careful taking that off, it’ll rip completely away from the leather strap (it’s already started!).

So, all being well (i.e. they’re open), I’ll be off to MCA in Leicester tomorrow to hopefully exchange them for another pair – I think I’ll go for medium this time around though, I don’t think I’ll ever wear inner gloves with these, so will just plump for the closer fit :)

Btw, anyone had experience with taking back faulty kit such as this? I’m guessing I'll be covered by the sale of goods act etc – but do I have the right to demand an exchange?

Edit: Oops, was in the Bikers area when I posted this, not sure how it ended up here - could a nice mod please move it? :D

Soldato
Ive never had faulty kit this quick so no but I dont see why they wont replace with such little use!

Maybe you got some of the first production ones, I heard the first batch were bad on something on the wrist bit or something.
Maybe got got a bad batch... :p

Soldato
OP
They're not all that - but they are easily the most comfortable gloves I have worn - didn't even need to be broken in, shame they're broken though lol :D

I'll give them a ring tomorrow to check/reserve replacements, then I'll test the water about SoGA etc over the phone, see if they argue to not - it may be fine though, the gloves certainly fail on most of the points listed for returning faulty goods; thing is I think it's up to the retailer whether they replace or repair - I just hope they take pity on the distance I travel to then ;)

Soldato
OP
Forgot to update the thread - doh!

After popping up to Leicester, I got my faulty set replaced – was initially told by the sales guy that they would have to send them away to be assessed, but after I told him I was legally entitled to my money back, he had a word with the manager and I walked away with a new set.

Went for the same colour, but went for size medium this time, the fingers have pretty much the same room, but the thumbs don’t have the excess of the large gloves and the wrist restraint is shorter, so I shouldn’t get problems with that falling apart (I hope).

Now to book a test ride on a Daytona 675 :D

Back
Top Bottom