• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

Which 5770??

Soldato
Some have different video outputs so if you're connecting multiple monitors it might be worth considering that. You probably aren't considering eyefinity with this card, but if you were, neither of these has display port. Other than that, it's just warranty, asus and their voltage tweak, and coolers that make up the difference so choose accordingly.

Associate
cant complain about my XFX 5770. Sold my 4870 for £70 and bought my mates XFX 5770 for £80, extra tenner for DX11 was proberbly worth it was its on par with the 4870 speeds.

But ive had no problems at all with the card, been sound :)

Permabanned
I have 2 XFX 5770's in CF and they are awesome.

Playing @ 1920 x 1200, everything set to very high in every way possible and they are truly fantastic :)

Associate
I'm quite happy with my Asus 5770 CUcore, runs well, idles at 35* and clocks admirably. However, if I was put on the stop to critique, it would have to be the fan, while cooling adequately it does tend to make this slightly annoying higher-pitched noise when running at over 60%.

But In all honesty, were I to choose again, I'd go for the same one mate. Good price for what you get. The msi Hawk revision is a decent contender, but I'm not sure whether the premium is worth it to be honest, these are budget cards after all. Though note that a 5770 crossfire is no laughing matter, quite a beast by all accounts.

- Ordokai

Back
Top Bottom