• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

Need help with the NVIDIA Control Pannel

Associate
Currently Im looking to get the best performance and at the same time graphics out of my system for gaming. I was wondering if anyone could give me some insight on the setting on the control pannel to help me do this

My system is:

BFG GTX 295
2.80 Ghz Proccessor
4GB RAM

Here are the settings that I currently have on:

Ambient Occlusion > Off
Anistropic Filtering > Application-Controlled
Antialiasing Gamma Correction > On
Antialiasing Mode > Application Controlled
Antialiasing Setting > Application Controlled
Antialiasing Transparency > off
Extension Limit > off
Maximum Pre render frames > 3
Multi-GPU Performance Mode > Nvidia recommended
Multi-display/mixed GPU Acceleration > Multiple display performance mode
Power Management Mode > Prefer maximum performance
Texture filtering Anistropic Sample > On
Texture Filtering negative LOD bias > Allow
Texture Filtering Qualilty > Qualilty
Texture Filtering Trilinear optimization > On
Threaded Optimazation > Auto
Triple Buffering > On
Verticle Sync > Use the 3D Application setting

Man of Honour
I usually use:

Antialiasing Gamma Correction: Off (bigger performance hit, don't really notice the difference usually unless you study screenshots)

Antialiasing Transparency: Multisample (minor performance hit but looks much nicer)

Maximum Pre render frames: 1 (Doesn't make much odds but I find this works pretty well with most games and very minor increase in responsiveness - 3 is generally fine tho)

Multi-display/mixed GPU Acceleration: Single display performance mode

Other than that pretty much as you have them.

Associate
OP
I usually use:

Antialiasing Gamma Correction: Off (bigger performance hit, don't really notice the difference usually unless you study screenshots)

Antialiasing Transparency: Multisample (minor performance hit but looks much nicer)

Maximum Pre render frames: 1 (Doesn't make much odds but I find this works pretty well with most games and very minor increase in responsiveness - 3 is generally fine tho)

Multi-display/mixed GPU Acceleration: Single display performance mode

Other than that pretty much as you have them.

Thank you.

Back
Top Bottom