Need train to portsmouth on thursday! Anyhelp?

Associate
Hi there, I need a train in the evening (after 6pm) to Portsmouth from London, I normally use megatrain but they have no trains after 2! Which other websites are there that will not cost 30-40quid? Drivings not an option since there are 5-6 of us! Thanks for anyhelp.

Soldato
I would recommend that you get the underground to victoria, and jump on the Greyhound (nonstop). It takes you to the same place, is 20mins quicker, has wifi, free newspaper, toilet and is far more comfortable. It will only cost about 8quid each.

It goes at 6.20-6.50-9.00

Last edited:
Associate
OP
A quick google shows that its a Bus service? Is that correct? Is it really faster than the train? Train only takes 1hr 30mins and the timetable shows that it will take longer than that. :)

Soldato
It is a bus, but it is London to Portsmouth direct, and it take the same length of time the train does. I've been on both, and prefer the bus.
Bus take just under 2hrs, as they leave time for traffic (mind you I've never travelled at rush hour) and according to this link The train take 2hrs 20.
I also don't know any way to get a train for 8quid.

Last edited:
Soldato
It is a bus, but it is London to Portsmouth direct, and it take the same length of time the train does. I've been on both, and prefer the bus.
Bus take just under 2hrs, as they leave time for traffic, and according to this link The train take 2hrs 20

Waterloo to Portsmouth is 1h30m or so, depending on specific train.

Soldato
What's 20mins when I can't think of any other specific service with all that stuff for that cheap :D Jesus I sound like I'm part of the marketing dept.

Soldato
I often travel back to Portsmouth to get home. To be honest you'd be crazy not to go with Greyhound. I use them every time now. If you use voucher code greysave1 you even get an extra 25% off.

Caporegime
Train from Victoria... £22 (without a rail card) or you can pay £28 and there are about a dozen or more, or if you want to really push the boat out... 1st class is £35.

Back
Top Bottom