We seemed to have aquired a cat! Cat people in here please!

Caporegime
Before I went out last night I was in my room and when I did go out I left my big window open, I generally do this all the time to keep the room cool.

Now, I get a text from my sister saying "err....theres a cat in the house, we've put it outside 3 times but keeps coming in through your window"

And then when I got up this morning she rang me to say that after putting the cat out for the 4th time and shutting the window when she opened the front door to go to work the cat came in the house.

She disappeared for pretty much the whole day after that but now shes back :p

She has no collar, is very friendly, doesn't mind being picked up/handled. Has a very soft coat, can tell she's usually well looked after :)

Anyway, we've fed her (not sure if this was the wrong thing to do), and as we are sure she'll be around in the morning sister is going to take her to be scanned to see if shes got a microchip or something to try and contact the original owner.

Couple of things:

Do cats normally do this? Just turn up at other peoples homes?
If she has no chip and nobody claims her can we keep her?
If we keep her is it likely she'll sod off never to be seen again after a while?

Cheers :)

Oh and obligatory pics, excuse the rubbish eyephone quality - camera was upstairs :p - Tis grey with white toes and grey/yellow eyes :)

IMG_0611.jpg

IMG_0610.jpg

Soldato
It doesn;t love you. It just wants food. It will leave again after you've fed it.

Find a sack and some rope.

Edit:
Stick up a couple of FOUND KITTY posters. Some mental old widow is probably worried sick.

Associate
Do cats normally do this? Just turn up at other peoples homes?

Yep. Probably has a perfectly good home and is giving you a try out.

If she has no chip and nobody claims her can we keep her?

No idea.

If we keep her is it likely she'll sod off never to be seen again after a while?

If you give her food and make her feel part of the family, unlikely. If you are not forthcoming with food, comfort or just ignore her, she will vanish in the same way she came in to your lives.

Man of Honour
It's an awkward one if it has no chip, not an awful lot of cats do :(

Try not to feed it too much, and if it continues to linger, just see that it is ok for the time being. If it was really well looked after and happy, I doubt it would be going elsewhere. :p

Caporegime
OP
bbr. Do it tonight before you get attatched to it
BBR?

Stick up a couple of FOUND KITTY posters. Some mental old widow is probably worried sick.

Yup going to do this is the cat doesn't have a chip.

If it's someones pet, don't feed it. It'll only end in having an angry neighbour banging on your door asking for their cat back.

If you confirm it's stray, well, keep it!

She was fed just some ham, nothing special and she seemed to want to hang around, I spose that's cause we fed her! But apparently she followed my sister to the kitchen this morning hence why she fed it.

It's an awkward one if it has no chip, not an awful lot of cats do :(

Try not to feed it too much, and if it continues to linger, just see that it is ok for the time being. If it was really well looked after and happy, I doubt it would be going elsewhere. :p

This is true lol.

Cheers guys :)

Man of Honour
Yeah cats do this... we had one (think used to belong to the old lady next door and was abandoned when she died) that used to come to the back door, if we fed her she'd be all happy with us and turn up every day, if we didn't she'd get cross with us and not turn up for a few days heh.

Associate
my cats loved ham aswell, one of them would quite often climb up onto me and take the ham from my hand as i was trying to eat it

also i started out with 2 cats and ended up with 3 as a stray a neighbour had taken in just started coming in and eating the other cats food, and as they were moving we ended up keeping the cat

Back
Top Bottom