New to watercooling

Associate
Hi all.

Help is deffinately needed here.

Ive just got my works bonus so im going to water cool my pc. What I would like you guys to spec is the following

I want the loop to cover my cpu ( q9650 ) my northbridge ( already covered with my 790i ) and my 2 gtx 470's. Im after really cold temps and my case is a antec 1200.

What do you suggest.

Cheers

Soldato
Firstly, you won't get "really cold temps" without something to actively cool the water. So let's pretend you want "better (colder) temps" than you have with less noise. Cooling two 470s will be very dear. A quick check shows me one 470 block for £75 each and another brand charging £105 each. Then an s775 cpu block can be had for realtively small change, let's say £40. You'll need a good pump, budget £50. Then you'll need a 120.3 radiator and a decent one at that so that's another £60 at least.

So that's £300 and I haven't even got to tubes, fans, fittings etc.

Is that too much?

Soldato
OK, so follow the link in my sig. Read up and decide what you want to achieve. Look at your case and think about where you could put things. Search for galleries featuring water-cooled systems. Check out some of the online shops including this one and see what you can afford and what looks good. Then come back on here and tell us what you think.

Back
Top Bottom