Dario wins Indy 500

Man of Honour
Second time, lead 155 of the 200 laps, more British success at the Brickyard, well done old boy and make sure your Mrs gets some tonight.

Man of Honour
Nice to see the Brits give the colonies a kicking in their own back garden. ;)

Shame that in true F1 style - the results have changed after the event has finished. Andretti has been moved up to 3rd. Nice to see that yellow flags cause chaos all over the world.

Conways accident on the penultimate lap was massive though - he's very lucky to only have a broken leg. *correction - compound fractures in his left leg and torn ligaments and tendons in his ankle and knees*

Last edited:
Permabanned
That crash was immense, I really thought he would be badly injured.

Maybe be careful with spoilers in the thread title though? I almost recorded the race to watch today but ended up having an early night and watching it in bed.

Caporegime
Awesome race...one of my fave races of the yr...been there a few times when i was younger and living in Canada...its definitely one heck of an experience and those cars are very very fast.

Chuffed that Dario won it for the second time....the crash involving the british driver was a bit :eek: but thankfully he was ok other than a broken leg and some ligament damage.

Shame the race ended on a caution though :/

Man of Honour
Man of Honour
Saw Mike Conway crash on a news site. Wondered where he was racing, following his test/reserve driver roles in F1 a couple of years ago.

Caporegime
He tested for Jaguar in 2000 but didn't get a full time drive.

Besides he's probably having more fun and making more money in the US than he could have done in F1.

In all honesty if I was a top level driver I'd rather race in Indy as well. Especially the old cart series. That was fun, especially the non ovals. Wheel to wheel racing that must have got the blood pumping rather than conserving fuel and bad aero for lap after lap.

Plus the money isn't too shabby and the paddock is a fun place to be.

Soldato
In all honesty if I was a top level driver I'd rather race in Indy as well. Especially the old cart series. That was fun, especially the non ovals. Wheel to wheel racing that must have got the blood pumping rather than conserving fuel and bad aero for lap after lap.

Plus the money isn't too shabby and the paddock is a fun place to be.

You are aware that the end of this years Indy 500 was also an economy run. Dario had slowed considerably over the last few laps to try and make it to the end without a splash and dash.

He also won the 2007 title when Scott Dixon ran out of fuel on the last lap of the last race.

Caporegime
You are aware that the end of this years Indy 500 was also an economy run. Dario had slowed considerably over the last few laps to try and make it to the end without a splash and dash.

He also won the 2007 title when Scott Dixon ran out of fuel on the last lap of the last race.

Yeah which is why I said the old cart series. :p

Where they actually raced each other, overtook and the calls to conserve fuel didn't come after a handfull of laps.

Back
Top Bottom