• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

active/passive displayport adaptors?

Associate
Hi all,

I was wondering what the difference it between the active and passive displayport adaptors (apart from price and unavailability).

Can you use either with a 5870 3 screen edition? or are the passives just for the eyefinity 6 editions??

Problem:
Bought an eyefinity setup about 3 months ago but the active displayport died 1 month in. I RMA'd it and was advised that I would be sent a replacement when they have stock. 2 months later still no stock and no idea of when stock will come in. Pointless getting my money back as I would still be left with 2 screens I cant use (as its pointless having 2 screens in eyefinity). Am desperate to get my eyefinity working again :((((

any help would be appreciated!

Powda

Associate
As far as I know the passive adapter work with eyefinity if you get the dp to VGA adapter, I don't think they work with dvi, if you have a monitor with a VGA input then you should be fine :)

Back
Top Bottom