• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

5850 Memory Idle

Associate
Hi all.

So. I'm running a 5850 with ann 8800GT for PhysX.

Core speed set to 900Mhz, nicely lowers itself to 400 when its idling. Memory however doesn't.

My overdrive profile is set correctly, memory on "want_0" is 800Mhz, 1000 for awesome 2D, and 1175Mhz for awesome 3D.

This stays at 1175 constantly, doesn't matter if i'm not doing anything.

Any ideas whats wrong here? got the latest catalyst, 10.5. Running ATI driver 190.x -ish so i can use the PhysX mod to get it working properly. The later drivers break it...

Associate
Changes with the 10.5 drivers to stop all the 2 monitor display issues.

If you dissable ccc Overdrive, and dont overclock in Afterburner (when in 2D mode), then you will get 157/300 as normal. You will likely have to recreate any saved CC profiles.

I've found I need to launch and close the Afterburner settings screen once per boot to activate altered fan profiles. I'm switching between a saved overclock and stock Afterburner profiles depending on if I'm gaming or not.

Associate
OP
Ahh thanks guys. i can live with it being super fast memory all the time... just gonna have to replace the card in... hang on a second, it'll be replaced in a year anyway, so who cares about lower life expectancy?

cheers.

Back
Top Bottom