Any upgrades planned for the MBP?

Soldato
Having decided to get a new MBP over an iPad I now need to know what the possibilities are of the uni-body design being scrapped/altered in the next 12 months or so?

Any ideas?

Soldato
Within 12 months? It's almost certain that will happen, though I've absolutely no clue when in those 12 months. The last few years they have updated them in March/April and then again in September/October, but people are claiming that won't happen this year and they won't be updated until early next year. I think it's almost certain they will have been updated by June next year though. My advice would be get one now, I doubt they'll ditch the unibody design any time soon.

Soldato
I don't think the unibody design is going anywhere for some time.

They seem to stick with good designs once they find them (Late-PowerBook/MBP, PM-G5/MacPro).

Soldato
This is one of those things that you really shouldn't say through fear of it biting you in the ass... but I can't really think of a way they could drastically improve the unibody design.

Sure, things like port configurations can change and maybe they could make it a bit lighter, but if you need one now then go for it.

Back
Top Bottom