MX518 or G500

Associate
Hi all,

Ive tried searching this but couldnt find anything really relevant.

My girlfriends rabbit ate through my Razor Copperhead wire! bad times :(

Decided to go Logitech for a replacement, so it's either the MX518 or the G500.

I can't decide. Has anyone used both and can recommend either? Is it just a case of budget, or would anyone have anything bad to say about the G500.
(obviously know that the mx518 is full of awesome. but havent found any G500 fan boys yet)

Cheers!

Associate
G500 had mine 2 weeks and really do like it much much more then my copperhead,deathadder and mx18. Got mine for £33 inc new which is not a bad price at all well worth it.

I've been looking at the G500 as well.

Are you able to alter the polling rate to 1000Hz on this mouse in windows 7? Are the thumb buttons easily accessible?

4T5

4T5

Man of Honour
MX518 is my weapon of choice & it's never let me down. On top of that when/if it does Logitech will send me a new one as they are good like that.

Just noticed the advert in top right corner, Less than 22 quid o my ******** good God. :eek: + :cool:

Associate
OP
I know. really good price. :) But still, even though it's widely regarded as the best, is the G500 as good or better? Is the question.

IS it worth the extra 20 notes?

Soldato
There really should be a sticky along the lines of "MX518 is the best gaming mouse, Buy it and move on!"

I've been using one for years and dread the day logitech stop making them.

Associate
Mx518 will get the majority here purely down to so many people having them/ using them, they are solid mice.

Get my G500 as warranty replacement tomorrow so cant comment on that side yet.

Edit: I've owned intellimouse 2, mx518, G5, deathadder 1800 dpi + deathadder 3500 dpi and my dad still uses my mx518

Soldato
Does the naughty wabbit have a name?

A friend of mines kids, have some gerbils, little buggers will chew the hell out of anything. :o I don't think he is brave enough to let them out of the cage. :p

Moving to the topic of discussion. MX518, gets my vote. :)

Permabanned
G500 is leagues better than the MX imo... reason being the finish

The mx518 is gloss and the g500 is matte... if you use the computer for an extended period of time, your hand will enevitably get a bit sweaty - when this happens the 518 is a nightmare to use but the g500 is just fine :D

And no... I don't have excessively sweaty hands hehe :p

I've owned the 518, G5 (plus various microsoft and razer mice) and currently use the G500... I actually preferred the G5 slightly due to a slightly different textured finish... but i haven't been able to find any new ones anymore - obviously because they were superceeded by the 500

Last edited:
Associate
Ive had an mx518 for a few years now and its holding up brilliantly. Recently thought about an upgrade to a copperhead and had to sell it on because i was missing my logitech too much. cant really comment on the g500 but i love my mx518 and will probably get it again when my current one finally gives in

Back
Top Bottom