• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

New AGP graphics card needed

Associate
Hi

I desperatly need to order a new graphics card for my PC with a AGP interface. Which card is better a 4650 or a 3850 ?. Or is there anything any better out there these days ?

I also need a new PSU to run them and was looking at this one,

OCZ StealthXStream 500w Silent Power Supply [OCZ500SXS-UK]

Does that look like it would be any good for the job ?

I've read a lot about psu's killing computer components and a quite worried about this.

Thanks

Associate
OP
Just been on to saphires website and it has this recommendation to a psu

450Watt or greater power supply with 30Amps on 12 volt with 2x4 power connector recommanded

By the looks of the specs of the power supply it looks like it has 4 lots of 18A. Is that ok, or should it be 1 lot of 30A ?

Associate
Your psu is fine however if you could you should spend the money on one of the Corsair lines as they will be able to last you quite a bit incase you upgrade your computer

Man of Honour
Your psu is fine however if you could you should spend the money on one of the Corsair lines as they will be able to last you quite a bit incase you upgrade your computer

In which case he can upgrade his psu if and when needed when he does the full upgrade.

If anyone needs a new psu it's you. Your siggy says that you have a Qtech. These are extremely poor quality psu's that go bang with even a light load applied. Follow your own advice and get a decent one before you lose the components in your rig.

***Edit*** I see you have edited your siggy to show you have a trust psu now. They are not much better either. I really can't understand why people buy cheap crappy psu's when the psu is the single most important component in a pc.

Last edited:
Soldato
I'll be selling my Sapphire HD3850 512mb AGP 8x soon, if you wanna wait for that :p

Runs FO3 on Ultra (thats the latest game I have as PC cant cope with newer ones :p)

Back
Top Bottom