Soldato
A quick google shows it as one of the pre-dialler services offering discount on calls if you dial the number first.

Way to go leaving out half of the info OP.

Caporegime
OP
Haha sorry.

http://www.18185.co.uk/index2.php

Basically you ring their number before you ring a number and it charges you less.

They are an override provider, so it cuts the cost of the connection fee and cost per min rate.

For example, you ring a mobile on BT normally and it costs 9.9p to connect and them 12p a min...but before you put in the number 18185 then the rest of the number and the connection fee goes to 6p and then 6p a min or something.

Caporegime
OP
Does this actually work?

Apparently, I found it on moneysavingexpert.com Read here

Some providers block the number (TalkTalk), but others, BT, Virgin (cable) don't block it.

Would be great for cutting down my parents phone bill because they spend around £20 a month of calls to mobiles from the landline.

v0n

v0n

Soldato
I use 18185 for international calls for few years now, every now and then you hit a patch through which is shoddy quality or get disconnected mid sentence, but generally it's very good. While on my way to or from work I call their 0207 from my mobile using contract free minutes then dial through abroad for half a pence per minute. Beats 30p SMS.

Caporegime
OP
BT currently charge for mobiles...

9.9p connection fee

Daytime mobile - 12.5p/min
Evening mobile - 7.5p/min

With 18185

5p connection fee

Daytime & Evening Weekdays - 6p/min
Daytime & Evening Weekends - 7p/min

Back
Top Bottom