HTC Sense - replace with the Nexus 1 interface?

Associate
I have been following the android threads over the last few weeks and i feel like taking the plunge and get a Desire.

However i prefer how the Nexus 1 interface looks - no horrible black bar at the bottom of the screen, is it possible to remove that black bar or replace it with the Nexus 1?

That black bar just does not look right to me.

Soldato
You can turn off Sense UI, or use a different launcher like Launcher Pro or Helix Launcher. Tbh I far prefer the Sense look but each to his own I guess :)

Soldato
I prefer the stock android look for the home menus but like the phone dialler etc from sense, so i use launcher pro beta which you can download from the market place, also download home switcher so you can change from one to the other without hassle, link below shows someone using launcher pro.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XoIfhujwhAg

If you want the stock android 2 launcher you can get that from the market also but launcher pro is the best i have tried.

Man of Honour
When XDA have got the Froyo ROM working you will be able to have the complete stock Android software on your phone, which has all the things you like :p

You can even do it now, but there's a bug or two that need ironing out first ;)

Man of Honour
Very easy, go into application manager, and disable TouchFLO. Job done.

Sadly doesn't work on the Desire and newer handsets for SenseUI :(

Back
Top Bottom