Expedia.co.uk

Soldato
Anyone had any experience with them?

About to book a pretty pricey holiday and want to hear some good things to put my mind at rest!

All I can find is bad reviews but I guess that's when people complain etc.

Soldato
Booked both of my holidays through them, never had a problem and I find the pre-flight taxi booking is a life saver, no faffing about when you get to the airport, just find your guy and away you go.

Soldato
Used expedia a fair few times and never an issue. Used their customer service only one time to try and get a cheaper price on a flight (I booked it at one price, then my cousin tried booking it literally 10 seconds later (we were standing next to each other) and it had gone up. We e-mailed them to see if we could get the cheaper fare). They said no :p but got back very quickly. Within 15 minutes or so.

Associate
Just check they are ABTA and ATOL bonded and you should be fine. I'm the manager of a travel agent, let me know if you want me to check anything...?

EDIT.. just looked they are IATA and ATOL so you'll be fine should the worst happen!

Soldato
Never used them but should their website be called Expensivia.co.uk

Why use a middleman when almost all flights / holidays can be done by yourself.

Associate
Never used them but should their website be called Expensivia.co.uk

Why use a middleman when almost all flights / holidays can be done by yourself.

no protection, if you get stuck you're on your own.... just look at the volcano stuff! pay the extra few ££'s and you looked after if something goes wrong.

just look back to when XL went bust last year, if you booked a flight only you were on your own, if you booked as a package you got a free trip home!!

Associate
if you want an independent review pm me the hotel name and i have access to a website like trip advisor but a professional one and not full of people moaning! i can email pages to people from it!

Man of Honour
I've heard they aren't very good if you ever need to phone them.

That's the Indian (type) callcentre for you - with the inevitable consequences. That said, their callcentre did sort a change of flight for me (at a not insignificant price).

Two bookings - one direct - both went absolutely fine.

PS - You may well come across the 'brand' WWTE when booking via other sites (even big name ones like Thomas Cook). WWTE turns out to be - Expedia.

Back
Top Bottom