driving sorn vehicle past anpr

Soldato
So.

You drove an untaxed, unmoted, uninsured vehicle on the public road and then decided to tell everyone on the internet about it?

Grab a Flak-Jacket. This will not end well.

Soldato
15-18 years, £2000 fine, chemical castration.

You're getting off lightly as it's a first offence.

edit, tax & mot doesn't matter in this case but why is it uninsured if it's going for a MOT tomorrow?

Last edited:
Associate
I passed a mobile one in my Focus the day I got it and I was on my way to work. I had only just picked up the car & taxed it in the post office 30 minutes before I passed the ANPR camera, and it had been previously been SORN'd. Anyway soon as I passed it I was expecting either a police car/bike to speed past up to me & pull me over but nothing happened. Is the ANPR system updated straight away on mobile ANPR police cars/vans too??

Liam

Last edited:
Caporegime
ANPRs arent fixed are they? Usually just in the back of a van or on a tripod.

Either way, you will get whatever the penalty is for driving an uninsured car on public roads, not that I know what that is as ive never been bloody stupid enough to do it.

Associate
OP
A fixed speed camera you mean?

There is no such thing as a fixed ANPR camera apart from the average speed cameras on the motorway, and they are used for speed checking.

these are 2 fixed camera that i assumed were anpr. I assumed fixed apnr cameras existed as i often come across signs at entrance to towns (essex) advising of anpr cameras?

Caporegime
these are 2 fixed camera that i assumed were anpr. I assumed fixed apnr cameras existed as i often come across signs at entrance to towns (essex) advising of anpr cameras?

ANPR cameras will be mobile. In vans or on tripods by a car. They will usually be accompanied by an LED sign saying something like "DVLA Check" or something.

If they were fixed and yellow then they wouldnt have been ANPR. Although im now wondering wether SPECs check the insurance/tax while using your plate to assess your average speed?

Associate
OP
looking into it appears my town council has strategically placed 80 fixed apnr cameras to monitor traffic in a State-of-the-art surveillance systems which monitor traffic hotspots and issue advance warnings to stop motorists getting held up. they will share this data with police though I am not clear to what extent....I am sure I will find out

my round the block test has been a sobering experience and I won't be making any further uninsured excursions!...i should know better at 43!

Last edited:
Soldato
There are fixed ones on motorway bridges and ive seen one just outside pershore.

ANPR_Static_Installation.jpg

cobra-3-lg.jpg

Back
Top Bottom