RIP Tinker - the greatest dog of all time

Soldato
I'm taking my turn to call upon the sympathies of our beloved OcUK.

My companion of eleven years died this afternoon. Her name was Tinker, and she was probably the most intelligent animal I've ever come into contact with (really). You could speak to her in near enough standard English and most of the time, she would understand you. :p

30387142974225808010685.jpg

She'd been fairly ill for the past couple of days, but passed on this afternoon. My mother was with her in her kennel and was stroking her when she suddenly stopped breathing. Apparently it was very quick, and she didn't suffer. I can't even imagine what it must have been like for my mother to be there, but I think she's grateful that she saw Tinker out.

When I was told I couldn't breathe for a second, but I felt ok. However, when I went out to see her, just prior to her burial, I broke down. I've never lost a pet before, let alone a dog. I feel like I've lost a brother or sister, or even a best friend. She's been my companion for the best part of my life, and has always been there with me as I've grown up and experienced so much. I just can't believe how much I miss her, I had no idea I would feel like this. Only a pet owner can know how painful it is to lose one, and no matter what anybody says, they are as much a part of your family as anyone is.

Me and my family have found some solace in the fact that she had the best life a dog could ask for, and couldn't have passed away more peacefully. She lived on our farm, with two other dogs and she was loved from the second she got home until the very second she passed away.

Thank you very much for reading. Bye Tinker, I'll never forget you.

EDIT: Please don't take the ':p' to be a sign of flippancy or of me being facetious, I didn't want the thread to be too depressing given how she had such a great life.

Last edited:
Associate
RIP Tinker, naffa keep your chin up. How are the other two dogs taking it. My father has had a few German Shepards over the years and one has always gone before the other. The one left behind appears to take it rather hard, always looking round the garden for a lost pal...

Soldato
RIP

Its really heart wrenching when they pass, i still miss my Labrador every day and its been years since she left me.

The pain will passi promise, but from experience, no one will ever love you as much as your dog, that for those 13 years, while they were not long enough, i was blessed with true unconditional love. That is the memory you should cherish for the rest of your own life.

Soldato
Sorry to hear that, i remember how broken up i was when my first dog died, it was on November the 5th, and i was too upset to set off my fireworks, i bunked off school the next day and did a 12 rocket salute to Sascha Ranfurly Moonlight Symphony.

My sister picked the name by the way.

Back
Top Bottom