20th Century fox vs Newzbin

Man of Honour
Funny how all of you go looking for NZB files but for the last 7 years I go looking for PAR files.
At least 80% of Usenet content doesn't come with NZB files but most of it comes with PAR files.
I'm able to see into the PAR file, compile all those files into a NZB and then download.
The average punter misses out on so much.

mrk

mrk

Man of Honour
Funny how all of you go looking for NZB files but for the last 7 years I go looking for PAR files.
At least 80% of Usenet content doesn't come with NZB files but most of it comes with PAR files.
I'm able to see into the PAR file, compile all those files into a NZB and then download.

I don't seem to have missed out on a single item that I've been looking to get via a newsgroup looking up nzbs so I fail to see how much more superior your old man method is :p

Soldato
I am not surprised that Newzbin is back even though it isn't in 100% working order (but close enough) just yet.

I don't condone what it does and piracy is bad and all that, but it really shows to me how little the whining corporations really understand about how technology and the internet work in situations like this.

Their case was pretty tight and Newzbin didn't have a leg to stand on but it seemed to me like they made Newzbin out to be the big bad pirate guys who are the cause of all the piracy evils committed against them; when in reality they are just one of the responsible parties involved in the whole process.

Perhaps one day they might get with the times and start really working on cheaper, en-mass solutions of distributing their media via the internet that is respectful to the customers and their profit margins. I personally would pay for digital media if it was reasonably priced and put across in a way that made it easy to use.

Caporegime

effort.

never missed anything i was looking for.

That's like using the phone book to find a businesses address when you can just type it into google :p

Soldato
Astraweb with SABnzbd here.

Perfect combination, just have to download NZB into a watch folder and SABnzbd will download what ever appears in there. Extracts everything as well. :)

If you use firefox, get the SABnzb plugin and it is even easier than that :)

mrk

mrk

Man of Honour
I just tried Sabnzb and I was....confused? I don't usually get confused by software either :p

With Grabit I just click on an nzb link on nzbmatrix/newzbin in my browser and it opens in Grabit and begins downloading immediately to my default allocated directory. Further nzb downloads open with Grabit and queue up in accordance with my download settings.

Once downloaded Grabit auto-extracts the downloaded files and places the extracted file into the root of the file's directory and deletes the zip/rar files.

It's as easy as torrents really, in fact it's exactly the same except none of this ratio and slow download BS :p

Last edited:
Associate
That's exactly what SABnzbd+ does Khaaan!

You can get it to open the files or you can get it to watch a folder or do both. It then auto repairs and extracts too.

Not sure about any other clients but the main advantage of SABnzbd is that it can be accessible from anywhere as it's web based. I can leave it running on my home PC and monitor/add/delete any downloads I want.

Soldato
Not sure about any other clients but the main advantage of SABnzbd is that it can be accessible from anywhere as it's web based. I can leave it running on my home PC and monitor/add/delete any downloads I want.

Yup, this is one of the advantages I like about it too, not actually needed to remote access it yet mind.

Soldato
And it doesn't download the pars if it doesn't need to. And it has a web-based front end so you can access it from anywhere and queue stuff up.

mrk

mrk

Man of Honour
Nope retried it and while I had it set up how I liked I still prefer Grabit. The upshot of sab is the webgui but I won't make use of that feature and I find my workflow is faster with the Grabit setup I have!

Back
Top Bottom