Female phone needed :p

Associate
The G/F want's a new phone. I have just ordered the HTC Desire.. She likes it but want's something smaller and maybe slightly cheaper.

I have come accross the Sony Ericsson Xperia X10 mini Pro, it seems pretty good for the money. Is there any other suggestions before i buy it?

Caporegime
The HTC Tattoo and the new one that just came out? I know HTC have done a few smaller phones recently so maybe worth checking out. There's also a small HD2 I think.

Soldato
HTC wildfire is due in a couple of weeks, essentially it's a mini desire and comes in a range of colours, give it a quick google :)
+1

That looks a perfect mobile for the lady (Shame it don't have a higher res screen :()

wildfire.jpg

Last edited:
Man of Honour
iPhone. Ultimate female phone.

Although they might be a bit insulted, as it can't multi-task... (or cook and clean for that matter)

;)

Man of Honour
Haven't you owned all 3 iphones??? ;)

I have all 3 iPhones, only because it gives me sufficient ammunition to rip the iPhone for being the god awful ripoff of a phone that it is, without people saying I haven't used one :)

As I have said before, they are good for a simple and basic phone/media device.

It was a nice phone, until Android showed it up for being really terrible :p

Associate
HTC wildfire is due in a couple of weeks, essentially it's a mini desire

It's not.

It's closer to a Hero or Legend and only looks like a Desire. The CPU is 528MHz vs same for Hero vs 600MHz for Legend vs better and faster Desire 1Ghz.

The screen is half the res of the Hero, the camera is 5MP like the Desire. The one thing the Wildfire has on the Hero hardware is that it has more RAM.

Associate
Have you tried one? I wasn't aware the X10 Mini Pro was out yet.

Id suggest a X10 Mini or Mini Pro :D

Yea, I've done some testing on it. Overall its a nice mini android device.. but in the end we decided not to sell it. Its just too small to really use android to its full potential.

Soldato
It's not.

It's closer to a Hero or Legend and only looks like a Desire. The CPU is 528MHz vs same for Hero vs 600MHz for Legend vs better and faster Desire 1Ghz.

The screen is half the res of the Hero, the camera is 5MP like the Desire. The one thing the Wildfire has on the Hero hardware is that it has more RAM.

I was simplifying things quite drastically to be fair, didn't want to get too technical when the party in question (i.e. woman) couldn't care less :p

Although, I will throw my hands up and admit, that yes I was technically incorrect, but how are you gunna explain it to them when you say "it's pretty much a nicer looking htc hero with a different screen res and slower cpu" - "but it looks like a smaller desire, wtf?" - *head -> table* :p

Back
Top Bottom