bedtime story books

Soldato
hayden is a big boy now and is out of his cot and now sleeps in his own bed.
the bottle fairy came and took away the milk bottles he has before bed and instead he has juice at his new bedside table.
just before he was born ( nearly 3 years ago ) i bought some books that my mum and dad read to me a child, the magic porridge pot, chicken licken, and amd pink whistle book.
all this week its been chicken licken and he loves it, bit of a cruel ending tho if you ask me.
can anyone reccomend me a good bedtime story book for a 3yr old bedtime story.
i must say, reading to him at night is just so so good, i feel like a proper dad now ! :D:D:D

Man of Honour
I use to love the story of Moses the Kitten when I was a kid although a couple of reviews seem to suggest that it might be better for ages 6+ but I'm not sure I'd agree, I know that I had it read to me when I wouldn't have been more than 3 or 4 and I'm pretty sure I'd read it myself by the time I was 5.

Enid Blyton did quite a few childrens books, something like Noddy might be suitable for your son at the moment and maybe the Famous Five or Secret Seven in a few years time?

Associate
I can heartly recommend pretty much any book by Julia Donaldson, especially The Gruffalo, Snail and the Whale and Room on the Broom.

They're brilliantly written and have enough repeating phrases that your little man will be able to join in too. They're also a pleasure to read over and over.

He might like Paul Stickland's books too; he does loads of fun dinosaur books - my younger daughter is a big fan of Dinosaur Roar.

Back
Top Bottom