*****My WOT4 MK2 Nitro RC Plane Assembly Log****

Soldato
Ok, I thought I would dedicate a thread to the new RC build im doing atm.

Its a Chris Foss WOT 4 MK2 Nitro RC plane.

So far I have the following

WOT4 MK2 Plane
Spektrum DX6i 6ch full range radio (tx)
Spektrum AR7000 7 Channel Reciever (rx)
5 x Hi-Tek Servos
4 x 300mm JR Servo Extension Leads
Align Glow Starter, rx li-po battery

imax B6 Balance charger

Sharp Craft Knife
Lead locks
Thin Cyano Glue
Rapid Setting Epoxy
Lead Locks

I still need to get a few more bits

SC46A-S AERO RC ABC ENGINE - 2 Stroke
Fuel Filters
Fuel Pump

Im sure I will think of more to add to the list

set.jpg

Anyway

Day 1 of the build

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Thought I would start with something thats in the middle of the instruction book, purely as its probably the easiest thing to do, constructing the undercarrage section with the wheels and also the tail wheel. Done and done.

undercarrage.jpg

I had to pop down to the hobby shop to get the adhesives and some other bits, then I started on attaching the ailerons to the wing panels, uses thin hinges and cyano glue which will later be re-inforced by aileron control horns where the control cables will be fed to.

ailerons1.jpg

ailerons2.jpg

Next thing im going to do is im going to prepare the servos, getting the extension leads clipped on and the terminal connectors fastened with lead locks.

Keep your eyes peeled, I dont have a deadline for this so just peruse at your will :)

Last edited:
Soldato
OP
There is still quite abit to do, 65 steps in the instruction manual, that takes you up to finishing the build, then comes the breaking the engine in, balancing, and of course the first flight. OK im not actually building the plane from scratch, but I do have to attach stuff, fit everything in, the control wires, recievers, servos, fuel tank, fuel lines, filters, engine, prop, etc etc,

Last edited:
Soldato
OP
Ok ok, to keep the trolling people happy I give mods permission to edit my thread title please, to keep people happy:rolleyes:

Dont see the difference though, same as a PC build log, do you build it, or assemble it?

Man of Honour
Ok ok, to keep the trolling people happy I give mods permission to edit my thread title please, to keep people happy:rolleyes:

Dont see the difference though, same as a PC build log, do you build it, or assemble it?

don't take it as a digg, was just expecting something else, that was all.

Caporegime
Was expecting a pile of ballsawood. That just requires assembly and balancing.

Same.

Only because I have one I've had since I was 10 which I built from Balsa and have flown for hours...

Doesn't look very pretty though, looks err.....war damaged :D

DO NOT get an SC engine mate, seriously they are crap. The last SC I saw in action got nicknamed a 'deep sea fishing weight' because that was all it was good for :p

If you're going to do it, do it properly. By an OS 4 stroke. 2 strokes don't suit these planes. (I hate 2 strokes anyway). I've got a Laser 70 4 stroke in mine. It plods along fantastically in the air and if you open it up it can go as fast as you like. Either way, 4 stroke all the way. Plus they sound MUCH better :)

I was taught to fly on one of these, mainly because it can be as basic as a trainer in the air or fully aerobatic if you want to teach yourself new stuff. Either way they are brilliant planes and fly really nice :)

Associate
I wouldn't bother with a 4 stroker on something like this, a good Irvine 46 will do you well and is a fair bit cheaper the last time I looked. I'm suprised using a laser 70 the prop isn't skimming the ground!
I'd also urge you to get advice from a local club, it'll save you a fortune in the long run and most places are happy to teach you for free.

Caporegime
I wouldn't bother with a 4 stroker on something like this, a good Irvine 46 will do you well and is a fair bit cheaper the last time I looked. I'm suprised using a laser 70 the prop isn't skimming the ground!
I'd also urge you to get advice from a local club, it'll save you a fortune in the long run and most places are happy to teach you for free.

Just me that has a hatred for noisey 2 strokes then :p

Associate
Not at all, a 4 stroke sounds lovely but they pretty expensive and with the best will in the world, it's DJMK4's first engine and will probably get buried at some point.

Back
Top Bottom