Router Spec

Associate
So I'm with Sky Braodband (20MB LOL @ THAT), I don't like the router that they supply.

Currently myself and my brother both use an Ethernet lines that are trailed upstairs from the router into our room, and having a little one in the house that is toilet training, it's not faesable anymore to have Cat5 trailed everywhere :D.

So, I'm looking at a Router that I could use in my bedroom that will do fine for gaming on both the 360 and my PC.

Cheers,

Soldato
Are you looking for something to replace the Sky Router, or just sit on the end of some cat5 to wirelessly serve the devices you wish?

Apparently Sky are booting people they find not using the Sky routers. All you need to do is have the Sky Router pick up the incoming ADSL and do what you like after that.

Soldato
Attach a wireless access point to the LAN port of the router, configure it for the same IP range and then connect to that. You won't have the same throughput as CAT5, but it saves running cables through the house.

Alternative is to get a BT socket wired into upstairs then you can trail the cable over a much shorter distance.

Yes i know you should have routers plugged into the master socket, but i've not got any issues with mine which piggy-backs onto another extension before going into the master. No significant drops in sync speed either :)

Back
Top Bottom