Logitech Anywhere MX Mouse

Soldato
Hi

I'm looking for a decent wireless mouse to use with my laptop.

Is it worth investing in one of these? Are they actually decent for the price, or is there something better I can get?

Thanks

Soldato
OP
I'm looking more for a notebook mouse - something with a nice small receiver (like the MX Anywhere) and generally a smaller size, else I'd just go for a G5 :D

I've been looking at the MX Anywhere because of it's capability to work on any surface and it's tiny receiver which are both excellent features for a notebook mouse.

Just wondered if anyone can confirm that it can actually work on any surface and is all round a decent mouse for the price?

mrk

mrk

Man of Honour
You should note the receiver will work with any new Logitech wireless device that uses the unifying connection so you will actually save USB ports if you buy new Logitech devices down the line.

Soldato
OP
You should note the receiver will work with any new Logitech wireless device that uses the unifying connection so you will actually save USB ports if you buy new Logitech devices down the line.

Ah, cool. Stuff like wireless headsets/keyboards would all be able to connect to the same receiver?

Can any confirm that these feel good to use & have good response times? I.e. no wireless lag.

Last edited:

mrk

mrk

Man of Honour
As long as it uses a unifying receiver then it will work, each receiver can host up to 6 devices so effectively saving you 5 USB ports or from having to use a USB hub!

There is no lag, much like the other Logitech 2.4GHz wireless mice - it feels like you're using a wired mouse. The advantage of the newer darkfield lasers of course is they can be used on glass/shiny surfaces and track down to finer detail.

Associate
Been looking at this mouse myself and I'm still undecided. Struggling to justify the price.

I used to have the Logitech VX Nano, a cracking mouse with a small receiver which I gave to my girlfriend after buying a bluetooth mouse. Big mistake, as she now won't let me have it back!

Not sure I'm buying this darkfield malarkey either. Never had a problem with the mouse working on different surfaces. The only glass surface in my house are the windows and pretty sure I won't be using them any time soon.

Hmm what to do?

mrk

mrk

Man of Honour
It's a finer detailed tracker compared to normal laser, I guess it will be as detailed as the Razer Mamba which was a bit better than the MX Revolution for tiny movements - something none of the previous Logitech high end mice could beat (the Mamba),

I'll confirm when the Performance MX arrives :p

mrk

mrk

Man of Honour
Mouse arrived today!

The tracking performance is as good as the MX Revolution which this is replacing (will use the Rev for work) and is just fine for gaming (played some Bad Company 2). tracking finer movements is a bit better too but not as fine detailed as the Razer Mamba but this is more comfortable and has more buttons too.

Charging and stuff is handy as you cable it and use as it charges - nice.

The pouch it comes in is being used by my monitor calibration probe, it's pretty high quality :p

BTW the charger squeels like most logitech plugin chargers when it is charging. It's not loud but with a PC as quiet as mine I can tell. The charger is a block with a USB port on it so can charge any USB chargeable device too which is handy.

Roll on the MK710 keyboard next!

pic:

pc_pmx_corded.jpg

pc_pmx_and_mxrev.jpg

I've mapped the bottom task switch button to END and Zoom button to HOME as that's my quick skip to end/home on websites and Fraps screenshot/movie buttons. Works a treat.

It uses 1xAA NiMH battery and weighs as much as the Revolution but sits a bit higher than the Revolution.

The wheel click middle mouse button is much better on the PMX, it has an actual click and you don't have to fight with it like you do on the MX1100 and MX Revolution - I ended up mapping the middle click to the zoom button on the Revolution as it was just so much better and leaving the wheel click to switch from ratchet to freewheel mode.

The sidescroll left and right of the wheel is pressure sensitive too which is neat.

@ £90 I don't think it's worth the extra cost over a Revolution which performs virtually the same but if you' can get it cheaper then it certainly has some nice features and the convenience of the Unified Receiver which will host up to 6 unified devices at a time each. I'm going to get the MK710 keyboard next with incurve keys so can save another USB port.

Last edited:
Associate
picked up a used revolution today, after using a really old wireless mouse for as long as i can remember- was a bit dubious about the design - but all ready really liking it. infact so far im loving it:p

Soldato
OP
As long as it uses a unifying receiver then it will work, each receiver can host up to 6 devices so effectively saving you 5 USB ports or from having to use a USB hub!

There is no lag, much like the other Logitech 2.4GHz wireless mice - it feels like you're using a wired mouse. The advantage of the newer darkfield lasers of course is they can be used on glass/shiny surfaces and track down to finer detail.

Nice, may be useful for a headset or similar :D

Been looking at this mouse myself and I'm still undecided. Struggling to justify the price.

That's my problem at the moment, the price. Rather a lot of money for a notebook mouse :/

Khan, any idea if the MX Anywhere comes with the same charging facility? Can you insert rechargeable batteries and charge as shown above?

mrk

mrk

Man of Honour
Anywhere MX uses 2xAA batteries so no charging, charge lasts up to 3 month too is possible.

The Performance MX however will take a single rechargeable AA battery and can be charged using the USB cable while being used as shown. It comes with 1 AA NiMH battery too.

Associate
Used the Performance Mouse MX for 3 days and its up for sale....

Too big for me. Made my hand ache due to having to curve over the larger bulk of it compared to a smaller mouse. I've got average size hands.

Apart from the size issue it is a superb piece of kit but probably suited to those with large hands

Will try the smaller Anywhere Mouse MX

Back
Top Bottom