Rubbish Linksys Wireless-N card... good riddance! Hello Tendra...

Associate
Finally decided to send back my Linksys Wireless-N PCI card after months of random disconnects and poor signal strength. Found out that a lot of other users have reported the same issues... heh, should have done my research first. For £60 I expected better!

Anyways, I found a new card last night for £20 that has numerous 5 star reviews. Anyone heard of Tenda?

http://www.tenda.cn/product/show.php?productid-364.html

Decided to give it a go so I'll let you all know how I get on when it arrives.

Associate
I looked at the website and managed to get one ordered today. My Win 7 64 bit machine refused any of the Vista cards I tried and so I am writing this via two 5m cables and 1 coupler. The PC shop in town didn't have a 10 meter lead,lol. It has been certified by microsoft so hopefully it will work. I did try the home hub route with a pair of ******s 80 netricity adapters but one of them packed up yesterday so ******s will be getting them back tomorrow.

You would think that by now Microsoft would give manufacturers a decent lead time to develop the neccessary drivers to work with thier operating systems.

Associate
Sorry I did not think before I put the retailers name in the post above. Just started with this forum so the thug tag is quite appropriate I think.

Soldato
if their gigabit switchs are anything to go by then it should do exactly what it says on the tin. im quite impressed with tenda stuff tbh, especially for the price.

You would think that by now Microsoft would give manufacturers a decent lead time to develop the neccessary drivers to work with thier operating systems.

they do lol. Ms doesnt tell anybody how quickly they have to release drivers.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom