World Cup 2010 - GROUP C (England, USA, Algeria, Slovenia) **spoilers**

Status
Not open for further replies.
Associate
Yeah, Dawson's flying out as we speak!
Am I glad we've got Carragher in the team now though. Easily as good (if not better) centre back as Ferdinand with tons of experience. As unfortunate as it is losing our captain, I think we should cope...

Soldato
Am I glad we've got Carragher in the team now though. Easily as good (if not better) centre back as Ferdinand with tons of experience. .

Erm, no.
He is slow, clumsy and his on the ball ball skill is zero.

What he offers is he gets stuck in, wins more tackles than he looses and manages to somehow not concede as many penalties as he should do.

Associate
He's a damn good defender, whatever you guys say! Okay, not as good on the ball, but he's just so solid and reliable as a centre-half. Definitely the obvious replacement for Rio (IMO, of course :cool:).

Caporegime
Am I glad we've got Carragher in the team now though. Easily as good (if not better) centre back as Ferdinand with tons of experience. As unfortunate as it is losing our captain, I think we should cope...

Hahahaha nice one.

He was pretty damn good a few years ago, but he's been pretty poor for the last two seasons. He should have stayed quit from england duty to concentrate on club form which has been even worse than rios.

Although I had faith that Rio despite patchy form could get up for the big games I think our back 4 is primed for a huge buggering in this tournie.

Sadly we could have done well this time because there's no one to really fear this year but fitness and form our team has kinda fell apart. There's about 3 form players in the squad, not enough consistency or goals.

Caporegime
Oh, why do you think that? I can't see how anyone but the most biased fan would consider this a favour. Can't see King being able to play every match and the last thing you want is a defence that keeps changing.

Man of Honour
manages to somehow not concede as many penalties as he should do.

Can you imagine what would happen if the refs had their eyes open at the world cup? What with his rugby tackles and Terry playing goalie there would be 3 pennos against us every game!

Any word on who the new vice-captain will be? My preferred choice would be Terry, has experience leading his club and country, natural leader, and with no Wayne Bridge in the squad shouldn't be too disruptive in the camp. My guess is they will give it to Lampard though.

Caporegime
Can you imagine what would happen if the refs had their eyes open at the world cup? What with his rugby tackles and Terry playing goalie there would be 3 pennos against us every game!

Any word on who the new vice-captain will be? My preferred choice would be Terry, has experience leading his club and country, natural leader, and with no Wayne Bridge in the squad shouldn't be too disruptive in the camp. My guess is they will give it to Lampard though.

Lampard is the only one that should take it IMO. Gerrard is punching strangers, Terry is sleeping about, and Rooney doesn't have control on his temper.

Soldato
Yeah, but once Gerrard has had a run as captain and is still **** at international level then people can no longer say "Giving him the captaincy would make all the difference". Surely that's the best outcome of this WC?

Associate
Oh, why do you think that? I can't see how anyone but the most biased fan would consider this a favour. Can't see King being able to play every match and the last thing you want is a defence that keeps changing.

King is a very good player and I'm a Wolves fan so definitely not biased. I also feel that sometimes younger/less experienced players that get a big chance can produce amazing performances on the big stage (Owen and Beckham memories).

Also on the people talking about personal lives in relation to who should be captain. It should be the best man for the job on the field, also the one who inspires the players the most. Nothing to do with which granny they've shagged or who they've punched.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom