Lake District Hotel/Guesthouse recommendations

Soldato
Need to get away and I'm thinking of going up to the Lakes for two or three nights. Can anyone recommend any small hotels or guest houses somewhere relaxing to stay and with a nice view around there please? Budget is around £60 for a double room.

Soldato
Have a look at the Ferndene Guest House in Keswick, stayed there in March. Very friendly owners, great service. Very handy for the town centre, great views of Skiddaw and the mountains around Derwent Water.

B&W

B&W

Soldato
I stayed at the damson dene, i think it was around 150 for 2 nights but u get a decent four poster bed, jacuzzi, tv with satellite and its about 5 mins away from windermere.

Soldato
OP
Have a look at the Ferndene Guest House in Keswick, stayed there in March. Very friendly owners, great service. Very handy for the town centre, great views of Skiddaw and the mountains around Derwent Water.

I stayed at the damson dene, i think it was around 150 for 2 nights but u get a decent four poster bed, jacuzzi, tv with satellite and its about 5 mins away from windermere.

Thanks for the sensible recommendations. I will look into those :)

Associate
If you don't mind spending a little bit more and want to get away from the crowds and tourists of windemere. Try the wasdale head inn, very famous inn with possibly 1 of the best views in the whole lake district

Caporegime
keswick is nice and very close to most places youll most likely visit in the area.

is the wild strawberry tea room still there ?

Back
Top Bottom