Fiesta ST 2.0 thoughts

Associate
Hey guys,

Looking at getting a new car and have been eyeing up the Fiesta ST 2.0, its got a 11000 miles and its 2 years old, I've inspected the car and it looks good as new but its going for £8795, its also black and hasn't got the huge stripes going down the front of it which is a bonus.

Just want some thoughts about the car whether its worth it or if there's something better I should be looking at.

Man of Honour
For that sort of money I would be looking at a Mercedes CL600 instead. Way faster than the Fiesta. Alternatively, what about a really old Audi S3?

Soldato
Hey guys,

Looking at getting a new car and have been eyeing up the Fiesta ST 2.0, its got a 11000 miles and its 2 years old, I've inspected the car and it looks good as new but its going for £8795, its also black and hasn't got the huge stripes going down the front of it which is a bonus.

Just want some thoughts about the car whether its worth it or if there's something better I should be looking at.

Save a few grand and put it towards insurance, fuel, brakes/tyres etc and look at a mint 182 :)

Associate
OP

Save a few grand and put it towards insurance, fuel, brakes/tyres etc and look at a mint 182 :)

Lots of Clio love! I like the look of the 197 but its a slighter higher insurance group than the fiesta and i'm already pushing it cost wise. If I can find a decent price one near me will definitely have a look cheers. Seems no one has anything bad to say about the Fiesta ST?

Associate
I have had my fiesta st for 3 years and can't fault it one bit. Yeah ok it's not as fast as a Clio 182 but it wasn't built to be as fast as it. It's still 7.9 sec to 60 but it only has an insurance group of 13 and I can manage 40mpg if I drive sensibly. My st has been a very realiable car with amazing handling and good performance. Servicing costs from ford only cost around £120 and due to the engine being chain driven I haven't got to worry about replacing thebelt any time soon. I woulddef recommend onebut I'm sureyou could pick up a two or three year old one with 20-30k miles for around the 6-7k mark. I would go for something like that.

Dean

Permabanned
I would pick a Clio over an ST any day :) Much better cars.

182/192

182 Would be my choice get it with the full spec, you have the money to spend so you can get the best.

Soldato
I wouldnt say a Renault Clio is "the best" I also wouldnt say they are better just because they are more powerful there are much better choices out there

Last edited:
Soldato
I like them but if I had one I would get one that has had some form of mountune attention as they improve them no end power wise

also I would get the handling improved somewhat

a st 186 does 0-60 in 7 seconds dead which is like .1 seconds off a Clio and .2 of a vxr they also do a coilover upgrad. Which some of them must have

Last edited:
Soldato
This.

The Corsa VXR pretty much destroys it if all you want is a small, fast hot hatch.

The Clios are much better handling cars than both aswell.

My standard Cooper S destroys em'

I really don't know why Ford didn't TC them!

Clip 182... or a Cooper S maybe if you don't mind the 'so called' look thing.

Soldato
Try and get one with the Mountune suspension and engine upgrades if you can :) makes a heck of a difference! See this review...

http://viewer.zmags.com/showmag.php?mid=gwhpg&preview=1&_x=1#/page12/

If you buy a stock one at the very least buy a bigger bore flexi pipe and a K&N, will set you back ~£200, but the ST responds pretty well to breathing mods, it drives a lot better with these done. The difference when I changed from the stock induction setup was quite marked, and not just a case of it being louder.

Back
Top Bottom