• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

SLI 8800GT's vs EVGA GTX260 SSC

Man of Honour
As topic title, how much of an updgrade would this be (if any)?

I've tried looking at a few benchmarks but I can't really find anything concrete since SLI is so variable with some games. Monitor is a 1920x1080 resolution 22'', if that matters much to the comparison.

Also if I was to go with the 260, and stick a second in down the road, would that again be a decent increase in overall performance?

Thanks,

Moo

Soldato
As topic title, how much of an updgrade would this be (if any)?

I've tried looking at a few benchmarks but I can't really find anything concrete since SLI is so variable with some games. Monitor is a 1920x1080 resolution 22'', if that matters much to the comparison.

Also if I was to go with the 260, and stick a second in down the road, would that again be a decent increase in overall performance?

Thanks,

Moo

I'm guessing it wouldn't be much of an upgrade, if at all. I'd be looking to get a 2nd gen DX11 card, due out in a couple of months myself.

Associate
A single GTX 260 is a bit slower that the SLI 8800GT's but the extra ram certainly helps and no SLI issues are a definite plus. Personally though I would just save up a bit more and grab a GTX470 or 5850.

Back
Top Bottom