Antec 900 build problems

Associate
Right so I have a new PC I got second hand (can give more specs if needed)

There are two problems, first is that the front audio doesn't seem to work even though I'm sure it's in right.

Second is the top fan just stopped working, worked before and it's plugged it correctly.

Any help appreciated.

Associate
Double check your Audio is plugged in correctly. with out Mother board specs no idea what goes where.

Fan - try another fan in the same socket if that works the other fan died, it happens and can even prevent a PC from booting.

Associate
OP
The plug that says Audio is plugged into the part that says F Audio, seems how it should be but don't have a manual or anything.

All the other fans work on the same power connector, its 3 things chained together on the same power and they all work too.

Mobo is gigabyte 965p ds4.

Thanks for the quick reply.

Associate
OP
Right sorted the fan problem, was just me being a numpty, when i was trying to do the front audio i left a cable resting on the fan, stopping it from spinning :p

Soldato
Well, its more that the front of the case is essentially plugged into the motherboards on-board sound. I'm not sure, it may vary depending on motherboards, but I don't think you can get it to work with a sound card.

At least I've not managed to with my 900.

Associate
OP
I'll have a look, Worst comes to worst I'll just take the sound card out, it's only a build for my mum as the P4 system broke, front audio would be more of a use for her anyway tbh.

Associate
OP
Yeah well I took out the sound card, the mobo sound works but still the headphone/mic jack don't (they say not plugged in on windows) The sound card has connectors, that's what i was going to try next.

Associate
im sure there will be a opy of the manual on the antec website.

does the front panel audio have more than one connector (ie my thermaltake has the main cable from the audio, labeled "realtek ac97", and theres another connector branching out from that labelled "HD audio", so i can only use one or the other, depending on the sound chip on the motherboard)

Associate
OP
Right I now have the mobo manual and the case manual, still as confused as before :S

There are two audio connectors I think, but one is loads of single pins (if you get me) and is attaced to the one that I have in now, only reason I haven't tried that one yet is I would have to plug each thing in one at a time, and I assume they all have to be in the right bit? so woul take hours tring to get it right.

Associate
well it sounds like you need to persevere on that one. My front firewire is like that, and the labels on the pins didnt match up to the diagram on the motherboard manual :/. I think ive got it right, but i dont actually have anything with a firewire plug...

Associate
OP
Right I managed to figure it out, problem solved, had to get the Gigabyte audio software stuff, then make sure that "disable front panel jack detection" was checked. Strange but oh well, dunno it it will work with the sound card or not, I'll either keep it for another build or sell it, this one is fine with on-board.

Thanks guys, you were all really helpful.

Back
Top Bottom