Up and Running Again (partialy)

Associate
Well ive got my system built and the WC all plumbed in and there is life in it
However there is a snag and quite a big one at that, the CPU is only running @ 960 Mhz as apposed to the 3.6 Ghz ive dialed in via bios.
And yes before everyone screams turn off CNQ and C1E they are off.

I have started a couple of threads in the relevent hardware sections of the forum if you wish to look but so far nothing has resolved my issue yet.

There is an upside though before stripping the system only 1 half of my 9800 GX2 was working at the present time both parts seem to be working

So i have my GTX 280 running my 9800 GX2 running (both core's) and my 8800 GT running which now being under water is olny showing a max temp of 42 so far.

All told im getting approx 25K ppd without my cpu
im losing approx 4K per day with it not crunching smp units

Associate
OP
Try dropping the BIOS multiplier by one? What hardware?

ive just tried setting the multiplier to the lowest setting availeable on this mobo which is 8
when booting into windows it is still setting the multi to 4 and the vcore/vid as 0.992v
i defineatly think this mobo is goosed

Its an AMD Phenom II X4 940 running on an Asus M3A79-T Deluxe mobo.
Ram is Kingston Hyperx 8500

ive got threads in both cpu's and motherboard sections of the forum if you want to have a look.

Associate
OP
Well things have changed slightly
I still dont have my cpu running yet and my gtx280 has decided it dont want to play for the moment.
so currently i have running my repaired 9800GX2, 8800gt and half of my other 9800gx2 as one core dont seem to work at all. all told im now getting approx 20k per day
Still waiting on answers from asus as to whats making my cpu run using only a 4x multiplier rather than the multi ive dialled in which at the moment is 20 which should give me a cpu speed of 4Ghz but still in windows its showing 800Mhz vis cpuid.

Associate
OP
Silly question but have you tried setting the BIOS back to defaults and see what happens?

Yep if tried all sorts including setting the bios to defualts and only changing what i need to get windows runnign via setting my harddrives.
it still defualts to 200mhz x 4 = 800Mhz and my cpu vcore seems to be stuck at 0.992v
Ive even installed AMD Overdrive to get a better look at the stats of the MB
and have noticed one of the temp senors temp4 seems to be stuck at 147.7c but i dont know where that temp is on the board.
ive tried placing fans to blow air on several parts of the mobo to see if i can reduce that temp to see if it is that that is locking the vcore to 0.992v and the cpu multiplier at 4

Back
Top Bottom