Anyone used the Nikon 16-35mm F4 VR ?

Permabanned
Im pretty 100% sure im going to use this with my D70 after a few days of research, and then add the 70-200 VR mk1 when i find one, and use my feet and the 16-35 at 35mm to bridge the gap. Plus my 50mm prime!

I feel this lens is a better purchase than the 14-24, it has VR, i have dyspraxia, so shakey hands, so thats good, its wide but has barrel distortion, which is fixable in CS5, and when i eventually upgrade to a D700, its very wide!

I also want to buy the Hoya 77mm kit, being that the thread for both eventual lenses is 77mm, this is kind of good :)

I need to get my camera checked out by someone with lots of experience, or a shop, can anyone suggest one ?

Associate
Someone with lots of experience will tell you not to buy a £900 lenses when you don't know what you're doing. Shoot with what you have.

Man of Honour
Yes, I've spent a few days with one. It's very sharp indeed but it's also slower than the older (Still available) 17-35 f2.8 which might matter depending what you shoot, 90% of the time VR was no help to me (I generally think it's less useful on wide angles as opposed to telephotos anyway).

I'd also endorse the previous comment, on a D70 the 18-70, 18-55 VR or 16-85 VR is almost exactly as capable...

EDIT: Oh, lastly, keep in mind it's a big heavy lens like you'd expect for a pro quality wide zoom...

Soldato
Someone with lots of experience will tell you not to buy a £900 lenses when you don't know what you're doing. Shoot with what you have.

What he said.

your kit is perfectly capable. We've all seen your photos, learn how to use it, reach its limits, then get back to us with spec me threads:)

Back
Top Bottom