Resetting the CPU overclock on a OCUK system

Associate
I recently bought this system from OCUK:

http://www.overclockers.co.uk/showproduct.php?prodid=FS-101-OE

I was experiencing some instability on the OCUK CPU overclock so I was advised to "Load Optimised Defaults" in the BIOS, which I did, and it seems to have fixed the crashing/BSOD's I was experiencing.

I now want to reset the overclock on the processor and I called OCUK to this effect earlier whilst in work (no access to my pc at home) and the guy on the other end gave me the steps and I noted them down. Now that I'm home, I'm stuck on step 1 (lol) which is to go into the BIOS and reload the OCUK profile by going into BIOS then pressing F12, I see no option to load any profile by overclockers?

Anybody any experience of this or know what he's talking about or could guide me through/find me a guide to overclocking this CPU (I7 930) manually back to it's former values? I have very little idea about overclocking so would need an absolute and total beginners guide/terms, step by step. I've tried reading a few and eventually they start talking about dimms and D0's and ichs and all sorts of stuff I don't understand frankly.

Also, in a panic when my computer wouldn't turn on after going into hibernate and having to power down by holding the button in, I may have pressed the clear CMOS button on the back of the case - would this have done anything?

Any help at all much appreciated guys!

Associate
As soon as you have entered the bios, there should be a set of commands at the bottom of the screen - you should have:

Esc : Quit /\\/>< : Select Item F11 : Save CMOS to BIOS
F8 : Q-Flash F10 : Save & Exit Setup F12 : Load CMOS from BIOS

you want to press F12, which loads up a list of profiles. The first options on the list are Profiles, one of these will be the right one.

Associate
I have the same board it is del key at start up just keep hitting it untill the bios screen appears with MIT settings etc
then press f12 at the main menu and it should haveOCUK as one of yje profiles sel;ect that then save and exit.
Done!!!!

Associate
i have the same board and processor.i had a problem setting up raid and somehow reset my cmos to standard.i looked for the ocuk profile and it wasnt there.i emailed them and they emailed me my bios profile and the latest bios which is f5 version which i put on a usb stick and reinstalled it.if you get stuck pm me your email ans i'll send it to you

Associate
i have the same board and processor.i had a problem setting up raid and somehow reset my cmos to standard.i looked for the ocuk profile and it wasnt there.i emailed them and they emailed me my bios profile and the latest bios which is f5 version which i put on a usb stick and reinstalled it.if you get stuck pm me your email ans i'll send it to you

Would be nice if you could email me that please.

Soldato
The question is, will the instability return with the profile being active once again? As obviously something was not too pucker for it to cause BSODs etc..
Since this is a pre-built system obviously the cooler etc.. would have been pre-installed so user error should be ruled out, in case it may have gotten unseated, what are the load temps with Intel burn test etc? . I do hope every system is individually tested for stability and not just a 'set' overclock done on each system as components vary with every build, however, since they can send profiles on a stick it must mean that theres a standard set value for each system and its not individual, which can really mess things up.

Associate
Hi there my problem somewhat relates to this one so I'll post here rather than making a new topic.

Ok I had an unexpected shutdown while loading my pc and my settings got reset, I then went to load the OCUK profile and gotten this message when starting up.
"No bootable partition in table"
Might the OCUK profile gottten corrupt?
When I load onto optimised settings everything starts ok.

I noticed there was an option to load a profile from a HDD/USB, would it be possible OCUK still have profiles for the i7 920 @ 3.8 Ultima Vanquish build?
I bought it July last year so I'm still under warranty.

Any help would be great, thanks.

Associate
Praeceps, have a look at your boot options - it sounds like it is not reading your primary drive properly, or the drive's partition table has been corrupted. Hope this helps

Associate
Ok I will give it a try when I get home, but everything works ok with the optimised defaults so wouldnt it be the OCUK profile?
Though I think down the line of trying to sort out the problem I messed up and now the profile doesnt do anything now.
Shall I try and email OCUK and get a new profile for it?
It has been a while since they sold the 920s in the vanquish, hopefully they still have those profiles.

Edit: Ok had contacted OCUk and they sent me a new profile through email and it works. :)

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom