• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

just ordered phenom x2 555 BE ?

Soldato
Hi just ordered this and had no idea that it can be unlocked to quad core! is this true , id so how do i do it :)

i got the asus Asus M4A78L-M LE AMD 760G (Socket AM3/AM2+) DDR2 microATX Motherboard
will this allow me to unlock the cores?

Last edited:
Associate
Hi just ordered this and had no idea that it can be unlocked to quad core! is this true , id so how do i do it :)

i got the asus Asus M4A78L-M LE AMD 760G (Socket AM3/AM2+) DDR2 microATX Motherboard
will this allow me to unlock the cores?

Hi
Unless your Mobo has either a 710 or a 750 southbridge you will not be able to unlock extra cores (even if the CPU was capable) as you need ACC and it is only available on the quoted southbridges.

Stransky

Soldato
OP
Lol so do I ! I ordered the be edition as well so I will send the other one back as I first ordered the 945 non be what's the ratio of succesful unlocks ......?

Last edited:
Associate
Lol so do I ! I ordered the be edition as well so I will send the other one back as I first ordered the 945 non be what's the ratio of succesful unlocks ......?

As far as I'm aware no one has done a proper study of unlocking so we don't really know. However, there seems to be a healthy number of people that have in fact unlocked theirs so the changes are decent at the very least.

- Ordokai

Associate
ah good chioce sir!

i have one which unlocked all nice and stable. running smugly with a small nudge in volts @ 3.85ghz. can do 4ghz if neccessary

i do have a few problems with the HT and the latest BIOS from foxconn (HT multi locks itself at 5X no matter what setting i pick), but i have a hunch thats a foxconn problem, not a dodgy chip problem, as it worked fine before

last i checked, chances of a sucessful unlock was about 70%, but its never guaranteed:

http://forums.overclockers.com.au/showthread.php?t=784302

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom