Suzuki Bandit ECU remapping

Associate
I fitted an after market exhaust (Mivv GP Carbon) to my Bandit 1250 K8.

I've noticed a considerable drop in fuel economy (50 Miles less from a tank) as well as some backfiring when easing off the throttle.

Would this require an ECU remap or would it be better to get something like a power commander.

Cheers,

Jonathan

Soldato
Its becoming more popular, Because its usually around couple of hundred pounds to do, and when you weight up about £150 for a PC map and £250 for a PC! but obviously the downside is that you need to get the ECU retuned or set to standard if you change exhaust.

Soldato
It cost me £30 to get my Speed Triple re-mapped at the dealers for a race can. I suggest you contact your local Suzuki dealers and ask whether they can remap the existing ECU and if so do they have a suitable map. I'm sure if you got a Power Commander you could download a suitable map for free, if you wanted a custom map with dyno time then obviously you'll be paying more. I guess you just wanted a better looking can with some weight saving and perhaps a bit more power rather than wanting to go the whole tuning route........

Associate
OP
The reason I changed was due to the huge standard can that completely silences the bike, for commuting in Aberdeen this is dangerous. If people can't hear you then goodbye world. I might try the local dealership and see if they can do anything.

Associate
OP
I think I'm going to give it a miss. It doesn't seem like anyone is willing to remap the original ECU and I'm not willing to fork out for a power commander and the dyno run/remap to go along with it.

I believe that the ECU in time can adjust anyway.

Associate
If you disconnect the battery for 5 mins it might clear the ECUs memory, it'll then re-learn with the new can.

It's a trick which works with some cars if your driving style is very different to the previous owner.

Soldato
You can always disconnect the battery / pull the ECU fuse, but the ECU can only adjust so much.

Just be aware that if you coke the engine right up it will cost you away, even if you discount the cost of the reduce mpg.

Back
Top Bottom