Brand new Intel X25-M Corrupt/died?

Associate
Evening all,

My main Raptor drive died just over a month ago so decided to take the plunge on a Intel X25-M 80gb from OCUK on the 22 May. Installed the drive and it worked lightning quick till this evening, while watching Iplayer the computer completely locked up on me.

There was no BSOD or any sign of what had gone wrong, so turned the PC off and reboot and was greeted with the message of "Enter bootable media and press any key" or something to that effect.

Looked through the BIOS and realised my drive had disappeared and was only showing 8 Megabytes of space, reset the bios back to total defaults and the drive back to ACHI and used my windows disc to try and format the drive if it would show. Windows again was only showing 8 Megabytes of space which i presume is the Master Boot Record?

Looking through google this seems to be happening allot, has anyone had this and managed to sort this?

Will be contacting OCUK in the morning to hopefully get this drive RMA'd if there is no fix : (

Regards

Kaelsin

Soldato
Hiya Carl :p (I think)

Yep, dead on (get it?) what my Patriot PS-100 did a couple of months back. Just died like that and then registered in BIOS as a standard sata 2 drive with 0mb space. Sounds like a dud to me :(

Associate
Had the exact same problem with an OCZ vertex, but mine lasted just over a year, I am waiting on a replacement just now, it’s only when you don’t have a SSD that you miss it.:mad:
RMA to where you purchased it.

Soldato
Yeah, SSD's can fail, same as your motherboard, RAM, Graphics card or any other component.
Much less likely to fail than Mechanical drives though.

Back
Top Bottom