Robocain - Robocop 2 robot

Associate
OP
thank you for your continued support, 5 months in now :)

I thought for a while about the upper chest and decided the cardboard prototype I made was a pretty good starting point, so I fibreglassed that. Actually its more of a bridging filler, it has strands of fibreglass in it to make it really strong, its good stuff.

DSC08808.JPG

I know it looks like a monkeys breakfast at the moment but it'll all be ok in the end.

DSC08809.JPG

rough but its a start

DSC08810.JPG

2nd layer on

DSC08811.JPG

front bit needs to be bigger and flatter

DSC08812.JPG

3rd layer, like that

DSC08813.JPG

slightly better shape. I got into a right mess with this stuff! not so bad now the first bit is out the way, its starting to take shape.

DSC08814.JPG

Associate
OP
A bit more shaving and filing, then filling the holes in and so on,

DSC08815.JPG

after getting to a decent fit I started going for the sqaure edges, there were many more layers going on here and there to get it fat in the right places.

DSC08816.JPG

starting to get happy with the overall shape now

DSC08817.JPG

after 10 hours of so I was getting sick of the pinky colour so shot some primer over it, makes it easier to see the curves and shape.

DSC08818.JPG

might leave this for a bit and come back to it.

Soldato
Multi-grain Start? Never even heard of it.

The time and effort you are putting into this is incredible and fully deserves all the praise it gets. Basically, I don't want to over inflate your ego.. but you are the daddy.

Associate
Extremely impressive, I have a friend that is a sculptor, I will show him your website.

Also like the fact that the guns are actually working models. I'm guessing you could (or already have) make a much more powerful gun. That's cool :D.

Associate
OP
Thank you all again,

I'll have you know candyman runs on start!

Im not weathering the finish, I want it to look PERFECT

back to metal, starting on upper arm/shoulder.

DSC08819.JPG

fixes to a steel pin attached to the shoulder disk

DSC08820.JPG

other side is the same so I might as well make two

DSC08821.JPG

these little things go on the top

DSC08824.JPG

something like that

DSC08825.JPG

..... meanwhile, bit more rubbing down and a bit more filler...

DSC08831.JPG

next piece to make, you know its quite complicated when I have to draw a diagram!

DSC08834.JPG

big enough to make 2

DSC08835.JPG

cut the little recess out both sides, on both pieces, used a 3mm end mill and had to rotate it on my little 3 way vice making a note of the length of each side and the degrees turned so I could copy it 4 times.

DSC08836.JPG

mill the center out, drill

DSC08837.JPG

and start on the other one.

DSC08838.JPG

Soldato
Inspiring

/though I will briefly mention the rudeness of those who question the authenticity of someone who's making the effort of keeping strangers up to date and entertained with such a thread. Not keen

Soldato
Im not weathering the finish, I want it to look PERFECT

Glad to hear it. I guess it could look good with battle scars but I think it'll look better polished and looking new.

Coming along nicely! Not too far off the weapons now :D.

Aod

Aod

Soldato
it's getting better with every update! \o/

as an aside, i have a bit of machining i might need done (very simple stuff on the lathe) and i'm wondering if i can discuss it with you? how should i contact you, Email?

mrk

mrk

Man of Honour
I don't know what to quite think because it's beyond what I could ever imagine so instead I will go have some crunchy nut cornflakes and then decide what to think :-O

Caporegime
A bit of useless information. When I was a kid me and my friend watched a copy of Robocop 2 when I was like 6 years old. I kept having a nightmare that robocop 2 was coming to get me and would get closer everytime I closed my eyes. Infact at one point I was taken to my doctor for insomnia. Looking at the film now I just laugh but as a six year old it was bloody scary!

Back
Top Bottom