Dr. Kay Segler, BMW M GmbH's Managing Director, confirms the 1-Series M and Turbo M5

mjt

mjt

Soldato
It does look a bit awkward from certain angles but it's actually rather nice. Certainly nicer than the E60!

But who cares anyway, as you can't see what it looks like if you spend most of your time behind the wheel of one ;)

Soldato
Hehe, well ...I always look back when I get out of my E39, I think the E39 Sport with Style 37's just looks so damn good. I just wish the car had less ...niggles. I can't imagine me doing that with an E60 M Sport, even though they don't look half bad, I don't think they are as handsome as the E39 ...I do think the F10 is moving back towards whatever it was I liked so much about the E39 though, I'm not sure what it is exactly ...something about the lines of the car and the proportions, but the F10 has it about right I think.

Last edited:
Man of Honour
I love the way he's in every thread posting this sort of stuff, its a recent development, its as if he's just learned cars the way Neo learnt kung-fu in The Matrix, but unfortunately the knowledge application was currupt :(

Caporegime
[TW]Fox;16696688 said:
I love the way he's in every thread posting this sort of stuff, its a recent development, its as if he's just learned cars the way Neo learnt kung-fu in The Matrix, but unfortunately the knowledge application was currupt :(

go on then

Put your money where your mouth is. Cash bet of say £10 that the next M5 does not do 0-60 in under 4.0 seconds ie 3.anything. This figure being the offically released "book figure" by BMW themselves. You on ?

Also, The fact that mclaren was so scared to release a 0-60 time for its MP4-12c incase of unfavourable comparisons with the 911 Turbo says i'm not as wrong as you think i am ;)

Man of Honour
I was more referring to the frankly ridiculous comment that an RWD saloon car has 'no weight over the back wheels'. Surely you must know that one of the major selling points BMW hammer home is that they have perfect 50/50 weight distribution?

This means... there is the same amount of weight over the back wheels as there is the front wheels!

Man of Honour
There is a slight exageration and then there is posting complete rubbish. Your post was unfortunately the latter not the former.

Typically, RWD cars launch quite well - better than FWD but not as well as 4WD. Think about what happens to the weight balance of a car under hard acceleration.

Caporegime
Thats my point.

I was comparing it with 4WD cars like the 911 turbo.

I never mentioned FWD cars at all. Granted, RWD is not nearly as bad at launching as FWD cars are.

rpg

rpg

Associate
Thats my point.

I was comparing it with 4WD cars like the 911 turbo.
I so did not get that point from this:
Rear Wheel Drive saloon cars with no weight over the rear wheels usually struggle to get good 0-60 times.
Either way, I don't agree with you. The difference is negligible at best as larger cars have more power to compensate.

Back
Top Bottom