Repair advice

Soldato
Just got the car back from the mot and it has failed on the following:

Offside front suspension arm rubber bush bonding deteriorated resulting in excessive movement [2.4.G.3]

Car is a 56 plate swift, mot was done at suzuki, and from the above quote im under the impression that just the rubber bush needs replacing? I've been quoted £220 to fix it by suzuki but this sounds incredibly high? I've changed a bush before, albeit on a much older car, but can't understand how they are charging £120 parts + £100 labour for this.

Advice? :)

Man of Honour
It is much more common these days to replace the suspension arm as a whole rather than just the bushes.

Pretty shoddy thats its gone already, I am guessing by virtue of the fact its a Swift its a low mileage car?

Why are you MOTing it so early, surely its not due for its second MOT until after September some time?

Soldato
[TW]Fox;16701447 said:
Why are you MOTing it so early, surely its not due for its second MOT until after September some time?

When my GF bought her 56 plate car it still had 4 months left before it needed its first MOT but she got it done then so she was buying it for a full year, might have been the same case for this car?

Soldato
As Fox said it'll probably be for the whole arm rather than just the bush, if you are unsure ring around for seperate quotes.

4T5

4T5

Man of Honour
It'll be the full arm they will replace & they are over charging you for a Gen part & Stealer labour prices.
Price up a Suspension arm at an Indi yourself & then fit it then take it back for the retest.

Soldato
OP
[TW]Fox;16701447 said:
It is much more common these days to replace the suspension arm as a whole rather than just the bushes.

Pretty shoddy thats its gone already, I am guessing by virtue of the fact its a Swift its a low mileage car?

The car is actually my partners, which i've been using for the past 4months as my car has been off the road. Its done heavy mileage in a short space of time, coming up to 20k in less than a year and 40k in total. No idea on the mot side of things, i assumed suzuki had contacted her to say it was due.

Back
Top Bottom