Worth getting a Wii now?

Soldato
Hey all,

Offer on at the moment I can pick up a Wii for £116, with Sports Resort etc brand new. However what I want to know is, is it worth it?

I have a PS3 and a 360 currently, and want a Wii to complete my set, plus a couple of games like Silent Hill, RE4, Super Mario Galaxy etc look prety fun....

But is it worth picking up a Wii so late in its life, or is it better to wait for futher price drops?

Jcb33.

Soldato
i just picked one up a couple of weeks ago for my wifes birthday and she loves it, mainly for wii fit, ea acive etc... but ive been hooked on mario galaxy and hoping to get it completed before we pick up #2, new super mario bros is also good fun but i dont think the multiplayer works as well as it could as we seem to hinder each other more then help.

i also have a long list of games that came with the bundle i got off ebay to start but im in the habbit now of limiting how many games i play through at once and im currently on Heavy Rain, Mario Galaxy and Mario Bros Wii.

id get one if you can afford it but the choice of top games does seem more limited then the other consoles but it also has a fair few exclusives.

Soldato
OP
Games that look interesting to me:

Trauma Centre: Second Opinion
Okami
Broken Sword
Super Paper Mario
Resident Evil Archives: Zero
Cursed Mountain
Silent Hill: Shattered Memories
MadWorld
Dead Space Extraction
New Super Mario Bros
Resident Evil 4
Resident Evil: The Darkside Chronicles
Wario Land: The Shake Dimension
Super Mario Galaxy
Mario Kart
The Legend of Zelda: Twilight Princess
House of the Dead: Overkill
Resident Evil: Umbrella Chronicles
Red Steel
Red Steel 2
Metroid Prime Trilogy

So quite a big choice there!

Woman of Honour
Man of Honour
Think you've answered your own question there :)

I'd add No More Heroes 1 and 2 to that list as well and Monster Hunter Tri.

The Wii's got some great games now and well worth a purchase imo.

Soldato
Been playing the Wii loads recently;

Super Mario Bros Wii & Super Mario Galazy are both brilliant games and Mario Galaxy 2 is out soon as well

Then there's the Wii must haves Mario Kart & Wii Sports, both great fun :)

Soldato
I bought 1, kept it for 2 weeks, then another, a week later it was up for sale! :)

Not saying they are bad, but sometimes they seem REALLY tempting and really fail to live upto expectations, lots of Wii owners I know have said the same! Either way, if you get one, hope you enjoy it :)

XPE

XPE

Soldato
Games that look interesting to me:

Trauma Centre: Second Opinion
Okami
Broken Sword
Super Paper Mario
Resident Evil Archives: Zero
Cursed Mountain
Silent Hill: Shattered Memories
MadWorld
Dead Space Extraction
New Super Mario Bros
Resident Evil 4
Resident Evil: The Darkside Chronicles
Wario Land: The Shake Dimension
Super Mario Galaxy
Mario Kart
The Legend of Zelda: Twilight Princess
House of the Dead: Overkill
Resident Evil: Umbrella Chronicles
Red Steel
Red Steel 2
Metroid Prime Trilogy

So quite a big choice there!

I would take Red steel off the list but the rest look good.

The 2nd red steel is good tho

Associate
I really want a Wii, but I can't justify it with all the games I have unfinished and upcoming games I know I'm going to get for systems I already have. If the relatively small amount of cash the Wii costs is totally disposable, you would be mad not to get one. There are some really great titles, and of course Galaxy 2 is going to be reason alone, from what I hear.... I can see myself buckling soon.

Last edited:
Soldato
Add Lost Winds 1 & 2 to the list and World of Goo if you didn't play it on the PC (having played both, the Wii versions is the one to get). Little King's Story is also excellent if you don't mind the cutsey visuals and Muramasa: The Demon Blade is well worth checking out. As XPE said, remove the original Red Steel - it stinks!

With Mario Galaxy 2 being released this week and the next Zelda apparently being announced at e3 this is a great time to own a Wii. There's loads of decent titles and not owning one simply means you're missing out on some of the very best games of this generation.

Caporegime
honestly...no.

I've had access to one for over a year now (technically it's my mums!)

and other than the first party games, even the highly recommend ones just feel so backwards and poor compared to the other two consoles titles. It's not just down to graphics, it's controls, camera issues, gimmicks, lack of decent multiplayer system, lack of saving/quicksaving, no friends/achievements/listening to music while you play etc.

I've thoroughly enjoyed SMG but honestly I would have felt ripped off If I'd bought the console, stuff like Mad World may be good for a Wii game but it just pales in comparison to the 'proper' consoles.

Soldato
I've thoroughly enjoyed SMG but honestly I would have felt ripped off If I'd bought the console, stuff like Mad World may be good for a Wii game but it just pales in comparison to the 'proper' consoles.

Out of interest - how many of the games mentioned in this thread have you played?

Back
Top Bottom