Do you keep your old game boxes?

Associate
I've got a bunch of old games which came in their original boxes, but space being what it is, I'm thinking about dumping the old boxes. I kind of want to keep them as they remind me of some classic games back in the day. but space dictates that they have to go.

Thoughts and solutions?

Pete

Caporegime
Depends on the games. I had some very rare games (not that I knew) like Planetscape Torment and Final Fantasy 7 which turned out to be worth way more than I paid for them since they had their original boxes and were complete.

If you never plan to sell them then throw the boxes.

Soldato
I really wish sa a kid I kept my old games, mainly from my Snes collection but I'm equally dissapointed in some of my pc box losses.

Soldato
Learned it the hardway when my starwars boxes and everything all went to good causes.

I collect everything, attic full of pc big boxes, along with all the rest

If your a seller/collector, it's a must, equaly so if you fear the loss in the future... as physical media looks like it could go the way of the dodo in the next few years... save everything you can.

Associate
yes i still do, but i'm thinking about getting rid of them, they take up too much space now. i keep the dvds/cds in a book case anyway. also, manuals are not what they used to be, so i buy more and more games on steam etc nowadays

Soldato
Some, like my old Q2 tin box, but others I've tossed away - mostly because the glue on the cardboard has died... either that or I stuffed them in a cupboard or something and they ended up getting squished.

Got the cases though of most of them - somewhere or another.

Soldato
I like me CEs so I do keep them. Mind you I don't have any old games per se now after the student blitz of selling everything on ebay :(

Soldato
Sold all my old box games and now have my collection digitally.

Keeping boxes was OK when I lived in my bedroom at my mum and dads.

Now I have my own place with wife and kids, boxes just seem to take up room which can be better used for other things.

I will still purchase collectors editions if they are worth it... (Bioshock 2).

Digital is just far too convenient.. well, it is for me anyway.

Soldato
I hear that, I'm going to study abroad from September so only games I'll be playing is whatever I have on my Steam account.

Back
Top Bottom