Question about WoW

Soldato
I've been enjoying playing WoW as of late as a few of the guys in the clan are playing it again... we've started up a guild which has a good a few people in on the shadowsong server on the alliance i think?

Anyways what i want to know is could i run wow on my laptop with the following internet speeds as i'm using a 1gb/month allowance donge. I interview on Mondays and get bored between appointments so would be great if i could play it at work?

Also as i'd only be using it once a week for about 3 hours, would i use up all my 1GB allowance?

(it peaks between 0.20mps to -0.70?)

Soldato
So is that a yes to me being able to play it using a USB donge?

A friend (on wow) used to play - he said it was fine, but in 25 man raids he'd get a bit of lag on occasions.

For all I know though, that'd be from his laptop rather than the actual USB device, he also said that the internet in his area was as much use as a gasoline soaked rag when trying to put out a pan fire. :p

Associate
I've done quite a bit of group play and 10 man raids off a dongle and laptop while at work so it is a definite yes. You will get the occasional lag spike but it's worth it for the convenience

Soldato
I've done quite a bit of group play and 10 man raids off a dongle and laptop while at work so it is a definite yes. You will get the occasional lag spike but it's worth it for the convenience

what he said :) i imagine if ya ping is 196 on just speedtest then in game it might be rather higher, but good luck none the less! I'm sure that it will still on the whole be an enjoyable experience

Soldato
the figures above from blizzard are based on the original WoW, due to the upgraded nature of the game in WOTLK current figures are much higher plus if your raiding you will be seeing a lot more action than a person stabbing boars in westfall and you will probably be using ventrilo?

I recorded my bandwidth a while ago and WoW was pulling ~180-250mb a raid (25man) if you raid once a week that's 4 raids a month so 1GB *should* suffice but you would be better off getting more

Back
Top Bottom