Watercooling i7 and 480 tri sli help

Associate
Was wondering peoples opinions on what would be best for a build im working on.

Basically its rampage 3 - i7 2.8 - 6gig dominator - 3x 480 gtx - 1200w psu - all in a 700d case.

The cpu I would like to take to 4ghz+, and im not really that bothered about clocking the 480s, I just want them a bit cooler and a bit quieter :)

I would like to keep everything inside the case so my first idea was two loops.....cpu+chipset first loop, 3x 480s second loop.

first loop would be a 360 rad on the top of the case, second loop would be a 240 rad on the bottom of the case. I could do it the other way around but as I mentioned I am more interested in clocking the cpu than the graphics cards.

Other option could be a single loop with the two rads, one before the cpu/chipset, 2nd rad before the gpus but I thinking this will give overall higher temps?

Any other suggestions / opinions? Is a 240 rad enough to cool 3x 480s safely ?

cheers,

ten

rjk

rjk

Caporegime
you will need at least a double rad on the i7 for 4ghz+

and at least a triple high fpi rad on the cards.

make sure you have a good cooling solution for the board too, the rampage 3 chipset cooling is far from great

the cards will have to be on a high flow loop and you may need a better psu.

i have ran tri sli on a 1200w be quiet and it just scraped it.

Associate
OP
Cool, thanks for info.

Yea, the psu is the be quiet 1200 so hopefully thats enough but if not what would you recommend?

For the rampage 3 Ill put on the EK chipset block.

Options for rads? Was looking at thermochill or XSPC, maybe Feser?

thanks again,

ten

Associate
I have 2 x 480 in sli running off a thermochill 360 rad and a 655 pump with ek blocks.

Now im waiting on 2 sensors to attach to the in/out of the rad so I can get a temp differencial after the 480's and after the rad so I can work out the best pump and fan speed will update when installed.

What I can say is that on pump speed 3 on the 655 and with 3 NZXT fans at full rpm the 480's get to about 53 on BC2 1920 x 1080 with a secound monitor attached as well.
IMG_1870.jpg

With the build had to drill one extra hole for the flow into the first 480.
I also managed to get the 655 pump which is big into the extra hd bay at the bottom and i can adjust the pump speed from the front.

IMG_1876.jpg

If I can help just ask.

Back
Top Bottom