CAT D ?

Soldato
Is it possible to check if a car has been registered CAT D without paying a fee ?

Reason I ask is someone I sort of know is selling their car that I know was CAT D but they didnt mention it in their advert, and they priced the car very high considering.

Soldato
It's the buyers responsibility to conduct a proper search of the car's history. They are opening themselves for a ball fall if they don't. Why are you so concerned? The person doesn't have to specify it's a CAT D in the advert but it may put people off if they do check the car and the owner has mentioned it to them.

Soldato
Once a cars been damaged it will never react to an accident the same way as it did from the factory again.

The seller of this possible CATD has done nothing wrong, if you buy a car without inspecting it properly then thats your problem

Man of Honour
Once a cars been damaged it will never react to an accident the same way as it did from the factory again.

This is, of course, complete rubbish. If a car has been repaired properly by people who know what they are doing using new parts produced by the vehicle manufacturer, there is no reason why it wont be every bit as good as it was before. Infact its usually better, as much of the car ends up being newer.

Soldato
Also the Category system isn't perfect, there are many Cat D & C that can be returned to the road. Or in some cases they don't even really need mending.

EDIT:
neonfail.jpg

That's a Cat C write off.

EDITEDIT: I suspect even before the dent, if I'd have taken it to a car wash it would have been declared a Cat D write off, or possibly a bio hazard.

Last edited:

mjt

mjt

Soldato
FFFFFFFFUUUUUUUUUUUU

It's HAVE!

And breath...
breathe*

;)

Also the Category system isn't perfect, there are many Cat D & C that can be returned to the road. Or in some cases they don't even really need mending.

EDIT: http://nedgibbons.com/ocuk/neonfail.jpg[IMG]

That's a Cat C write off.[/QUOTE]
That is ridiculous though, calling that a Cat C. Did you buy it back in the end?

Back
Top Bottom