Party problems

Associate
I am starting to organise things for my Wife's 40th Birthday next year and I am struggling with my AV

Currently I have a Windows Media Centre which outputs to my Onkyo 807. Zone 1 is my living room surround (5.1), Zone 2 is my dining room (2.0) I am about to buy a 4 channel power amp to run (pre-out) Zone 3 my conservatory and outdoor speakers, which will provide audio (and video in the living room) for the house. Outside in the garden we are putting up a marquee, which will have a parquet dancefloor and will have a full PA, mirror ball, 4 moving heads, 8 PARS, smoke machine, strobe, crab laser, and 4 Darbys, rope lights etc (we have just run this setup for a party this weekend and it works well). The PA is run off a Gemini4000 amp. What I would like to do is stream the output from my Media Center to some form of receiver in the marquee, which would connect to the line-in of the Gemini4000 to synchronise the music in the house and patio area with the marquee. It is important that the music is the same all the way through.
All of the music for the night is ripped onto my media server(from my own CD collection) and built into a playlist for the whole evening.
If the very worst comes to the worst, I have time to take a line out from my Onkyo out into the garden, but I'd rather not as it will take an entire weekend to route and draw the cable and I still have plenty to do yet (including running a second 16A ring into the garden).

Any thoughts much appreciated

Mushii

Associate
have you looked at a wireless audio transmitter? I'm looking at getting one.

A usb stick goes in a USB on your media centre pc then sends it to a receiver that plugs via phono into your amp? they can be had for about £50.

Associate
its a competitor so cant say, but google wireless audio transmitter. you can get them from the place in jersey with free postage!!!

this is what its called.

Sitecom WL-060 Wireless Audio Transmitter

Associate
OP
After much deliberation and the fact that I have to run some other cables I have decided to run another pair of cables for the line out into the garden. I guess that I will need some Y-splitters to split my Zone3 line out.

Hank_Marvin we have to have a strobe, we cant play Come On Eileen without it :p

Mushii

Associate
You better have signs up for your guests then lol, warning them in case any of them are photo sensitive.

I wouldn't bother, less than 5% of epileptics are photosensitive, and only around 1 in 100,000 are undiagnosed in the general population. Its a huge myth that anyone who owns a strobe needs to have warning signs up every time its used. TV programmes and big clubs maybe, but with a home party your wasting your time...

Soldato
lol I've never heard that myth, but anyway only joking around cuz doctors say I'm a photosensitive leptic and there's others out there lol. But anyway party sounds ace and the setup is hardcore, will be a shame to take it down after its over. gl

Back
Top Bottom