Best Personal Finance Program

Associate
I'm still using MS Money 2006 and actually, it's rather good, so long as you take the time to put in all the transaction information etc.

The budgets and reports especially are useful - so i can identify key areas where i'm spending too much and can see how much i've cut down.

Associate
Excel, with RBS you can export all historical transactions to a file which excel can read.
Make charts, set targets and forecast what you think will come in and out. Quite fun.

Associate
One of the easiest to use is Quicken , I have a few versions but have used a very,very early version now for 15 years .It came on 2 floppy disks and was designed for Window95 . Still works perfectly on XP.You can set up any account , Bank ,Credit card ,Investment and it tracks all expenditure across the accounts with printouts.It has a calendar function ,see when your payments were made and has snapshots for payments ,expenditure etc.It will allow you to back up on floppy ,pendrive etc and takes up no room on your drive .I have 15 years worth of backups ie. 3 credit card accounts , 3 bank accounts and 1 investment account on a single floppy disk and it allows you to import and export your data .
Yes ,there are lots of other programs out there and better ones too , Money , MYOB ,Sage etc. But , Quicken does the job exceedingly well and very easily .

Soldato
Still using Quicken and Checkfree here since version 1994. I still have all my transactions on disk from back then, too, which is very much like a journal. I can load up any year's data and see where I was and what I was doing back then. I'm currently up to Quicken 2009 version.

Associate
In fact do you want a copy to try ??

I used to have 3 or 4 disks of Quicken version 5 , dont know if I still have them now but send me a small pendrive and I'll stick Quicken 4 on for ya .

Back
Top Bottom