Wow. OK. That looks AMAZING.

Jeri Ryan as Sonya Blade? YES PLEASE.

Also, this is what flashes on screen towards the end:

hvw8zm.png

Sub Zero looks a bit messed up huh.

Hope this is a movie.

Last edited:
Soldato
Hope they have a decent director and a good budget. Otherwise we will get the crap we had with mk 1 and 2 films.

Also i hope goro is in it and the old guy in mk1.

Edit = Hmm just watched it, does look ok tho the fighting looked a bit pap and too fake lookin also i hate it when they change things i mean baraka or whatever hes called looked a lot diff in mk 2. Oh and reptile looks crap i prefered the crap movies version which looked good for subzero and scorpian and reptile.

Hmm wonder if they will do the games special fatalities hehe that would be cool.

Last edited:
Soldato
In the comments someone posts this link:
http://www.comingsoon.net/news/movienews.php?id=66904

Speculation has run rampant today with the debut of a short "Mortal Kombat" film (subtitled "Rebirth") that made its way anonymously to YouTube. Now, Latino Review reports that the film is, as many theorized, a test for a potential R-rated film reboot of the video game franchise.

The short is directed by Kevin Tancharoen, the director of last year's Fame, and features a cast that includes name actors like Michael Jai White (Jax), Jeri Ryan (Sonya Blade), Matt Mullins (Johnny Cage), Lateef Crowder (Baraka) and Ian Anthony Dale (Scorpion) with fight choreography by Larnell Stovall.

Though there is no guarantee that these actors will play the characters in a feature film version or even that a feature film will actually happen, the short is already a huge success online, with the word "Kombat" already a trending topic on Twitter.

So it looks like it is testing the water to see how people react and to see if it would be worth making a film like that.

Soldato
In the comments someone posts this link:
http://www.comingsoon.net/news/movienews.php?id=66904

So it looks like it is testing the water to see how people react and to see if it would be worth making a film like that.

How old is the video? It's hugely popular already and going down a treat. A really good sign that this film will be made :D

And I really hope Jeri Ryan is in it. She's perfect for Sonya.

Associate
And I really hope Jeri Ryan is in it. She's perfect for ncjok.
Fixed.

27yzcie.gif

Dayum. Naughty concept trailer, I love it. Though I worry that such scenes wouldn't make it past the film censorship, I mean classification, board. Violent film with a video game tie-in... fingers crossed, anyway.

Associate
I can tell you that this is infact in production because I know one company have already been working on the vfx for it for a while now.

Its a shame what they've done to baraka - doesn't look like baraka at all anymore....just some guy. Why do films based on games and comics try so hard sometimes to re-invent the characters which made the franchise popular in the first place? Never understood that one.

Maybe in this case they are just trying to paddle desperately away from the rubbish attempts that have come before (MK 1 and MK:Annihilation) :p

EDIT: Yea MK 1 wasn't SO bad but Annihilation was a bit of a disaster

Back
Top Bottom