• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

Crysis 2 Gameplay!

Soldato
happy with this quote from the article "Crytek has said they aren't compromising on PC development in going for a multiplatform launch -- in fact they say the game will be graphically superior on PC"

Graphically superior I should think so given. The xbox and ps3 graphics chips are about as powerful as an ati 1950 almost 3 or 4 generations old now

Soldato
To be fair though, "graphically superior" means nothing. All games are graphically superior on a PC, due to the increased resolutions, framerates and driver-forced settings we use. So it may still be the same as the console version anyway. If so, I won't be pleased. Let's hope I'm wrong, and that it'll actually push development like the last one did...

Associate
Graphically superior I should think so given. The xbox and ps3 graphics chips are about as powerful as an ati 1950 almost 3 or 4 generations old now

true but with some multiplatform games you can't tell the difference by a lot (other than framerate and a clearer image due to res), i imagine with this the difference will be a lot more, especially frame rate wise lol

Soldato
Thinking about it I believe this game is going to be held back by the fact it's on the consoles as well, I mean the city backdrop is hardly going to be as demanding as the first games tropical island setting and was probably chosen because it will be less taxing for the consoles to render. I think think crysis 2 is being developed for consoles first and PC second, shame.

Last edited:
Associate
quite possibly but then again if they get some large skylines going with large view distances, lots of reflective surfaces and lots of crap going on the consoles are still going to struggle like they do in a lot of more intensive games

Soldato
I wouldn't be surprised after the bitchy backlash from the PC community over Crysis 1 they never develop a game to truely stress hardware for a good while.

Soldato
It wouldn't be the first game that plays better on a console:).

I wonder whether it will it be a PC port to console, console port to PC, or complete stand-alone developments?

Associate
looks great so far.

should be interesting to see what the system requirements are though, something tells me ill need to upgrade my pc to get the most out of it.

Soldato

If it worked that way, PC gaming would be amazing. It doesn't work like that.

That does look good, and i believe that is a console version in the video! just by looking at the way he is moving

I think thats a console version as well. Remind me of this for some reason , more than it reminds me of Crysis 1

Hm, I liked Crysis and Crysis warhead but I was't impressed with the video. Maybe it was just that level.

It looks a good game and no doubt I will get it at some point but from what I have seen it doesnt make me think Crysis at all.

My prediction is that all 3 versions are very similar, the PC version having the edge but with high hardware requirements.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom